Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Costa Rica
I tried to follow other threads about files associations and mime types, with no luck...

Can somebody please tell me a easy way to make the swf files open in kmplayer instead of the web browser? The web browser never let me use the full screen, always shows the url bar at the bottom. Kmplayer in the other hand gives me a complete fullscreen.

Thank you

What type of swf file are you trying to play, is it an animation/game or video?

I'm not having alot of luck with streaming swf video links.

I think sites like youtube and dailymotion wrap the swf video browser plugin with script to set variables needed for the player to view video.

I tried using two methods for youtube, dbus-switchboard->kmplayer, and direct dbus->kmplayer and both get the correct url, and detect shockwave_flash but are unable to play the video.

Stuff like games would probably be different though... those might work.

(Edit) : Ok i just tried games from miniclip.com and they seem to work good (fullscreen) with kmplayer. If you or anyone wants to try this do this :
- Install dbus-switchboard
- In dbus-switchboard config program, add handler called 'kmplayer' and set command to 'kmplayer %params2%
- Add xref for swf to use kmplayer handler
- Open browser with flash enabled and go to the game you want to play.
- When game starts loading, click on browser icon in bottom right (magnifying glass) to choose Components and disable Shockwave flash... you will now have a document icon instead of the shockwave player.
- Click on that document icon to launch swf in kmplayer

If you want more info, provide more info about what site/content your viewing and preferably a web page to see if any solutions can be found.

Last edited by pipeline; 2009-01-29 at 00:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Originally Posted by matatron View Post
I tried to follow other threads about files associations and mime types, with no luck...

Can somebody please tell me a easy way to make the swf files open in kmplayer instead of the web browser? The web browser never let me use the full screen, always shows the url bar at the bottom. Kmplayer in the other hand gives me a complete fullscreen.

Thank you
You can hide that url bar at the bottom under (Menu->View->Show Toolbar->Full screen).
I'm curious if there are performance differences between the two.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
may i get any help ,want to play videos by simply putting url into the km player ?can this be happened ?i tried to make it happen but didnt succeed.
url is here,let me know if i can play videos anyway through the km player?
http://tv.easy.pk/live_Geo_News_Pakistan-83-17-1.html
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjY5MDM2MzQw.html

let me know if some one finds a way to handle things like this .
thanks in advance

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
no help regarding issue ?