any workarounds? seems like the T-mo is blocking the VOIP ports. thanks

You have to be on the "Plus" I think its called level to not get a whole bunch of filtering.

Or use a vpn

you need to have web'n'walk plus i guess for skype talk...

I have no problem Skype calling (video or talk) on T-mobile UK and I do not have 'plus'. SIP calling however requires VPN magic as that is blocked...

i think i have the WnW plus which gives me 3GB of allowance. but so far i havnt been able to make any skype out calls. called 150 the other day the guy i was talking to told me that T-Mo doesnt support skype.

Originally Posted by slcp View Post
I have no problem Skype calling (video or talk) on T-mobile UK and I do not have 'plus'. SIP calling however requires VPN magic as that is blocked...
did you make skype-to-skype calls or skype out calls? did you call CS to ask them to go easy on the filtering before? thx

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
I have never made a skype call, However I have had skype contacts call me, and it connects fine. They all connected from skype on Pc's, skype to skype.

As a caveat to that, all my skype usage is on wifi. Given the N900 takes ages connecting me to web 'n' walk (Minutes of time is wasted while it connects and longer to do anything online) I tend to use Wifi to browse and that might be a reason. By not going web'n'walk I am escaping the evil clutches of T-mobile and their IT services.

Hope that helps.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
I have never made a skype call, However I have had skype contacts call me, and it connects fine. They all connected from skype on Pc's, skype to skype.

As a caveat to that, all my skype usage is on wifi. Given the N900 takes ages connecting me to web 'n' walk (Minutes of time is wasted while it connects and longer to do anything online) I tend to use Wifi to browse and that might be a reason. By not going web'n'walk I am escaping the evil clutches of T-mobile and their IT services.

Hope that helps.
really? my n900 connects to WnW quite quickly. WnW plus is fine for other use like watching youtube videos regardless it only got 0.4m/s download speed from speedtest.com. just it bugs me so much that i couldnt make skype calls when i m on the go. i was with 3 and everything worked fine until i got tempted into this T-Mo 12 months SO contract for 7.50 per month. but still i love my T-Mo sim for how much i m paying and how many features i m getting

Originally Posted by greatmanlxw View Post
did you make skype-to-skype calls or skype out calls? did you call CS to ask them to go easy on the filtering before? thx
I have made skype-to-skype calls on 3G, skyped out only on wifi. I am on SO 30 day rolling, 12 month SO contract kinda defeats the point for me!

I spoke to someone once but that was with a different sim and account, I only succeeding in running rings around them when asking about which ports and traffic they blocked and I didnt get any real answers. I have had several different SIMs and accounts with t mobile since getting my N900 and skype has always worked for me over 3G.

I also run over my data limit monthly (sometimes quite severely) and no one has ever said anything to me and I have never been charged extra.

I would love to have easy access to FTP ports, I would give up skype for that anyday though i draw the line at paying for 'plus'.

wnw connects quickly for me too and serves my needs pretty adequately.

Originally Posted by slcp View Post
I also run over my data limit monthly (sometimes quite severely) and no one has ever said anything to me and I have never been charged extra.
The second I posted that I recieved this message...

"Just to let you know you have already reached 80% of your Internet Fair Use Policy, please visit t-mobile.co.uk/broadbandhelp for more info."

That makes me slightly paranoid!