hey'all i just add my facebook chat account in my n900. it's so awesome to chat with my friends that way so i was wondering if i could do the same with QQ. QQ is a chinese IM software. it's got a web-based platform as well so i would imagine it works sorta like facebook chat? any ideas on how to integrate it in n900??? thanks in advance

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
You may try to install account-plugin-haze and you can find QQ. It worked before until Tencent changed some security protocols such that any account attempted to login via unofficial clients would be kicked or even locked.

You may do some research on it. May be you can find a way to make it work again, then millions Chinese will thank you. ^^

Note: Before performing your research, make sure you've setup the password recovery for your QQ acount, otherwise you'd not be able to get back your locked QQ.

Last edited by 9000; 2010-10-28 at 01:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brussels, Belgium
9000, I couldn't have answered that better than you.
I have been trying to get around this problem, not only on the n900, but also on the mac with Adium (since sometimes I have to be behind a proxy, and the "beta" version provided by Tencent does not support it), without success.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buzrael For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
You can use http://web2.qq.com/ for using QQ on platforms where QQ client is not installable, including N900. ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brussels, Belgium
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
You can use http://web2.qq.com/ for using QQ on platforms where QQ client is not installable, including N900. ^^
Except when my company is blocking that website
But I could use it on GPRS/3G. Anyway, it's not such a big deal. Thanks for the hint anyway.