Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Just when I was getting interested in the new Samsung Galaxy S II, I hear about the release in September of a 5.3 inch tablet. I always thought a 7 inch tablet was just too big to carry in my pocket.

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry...phones-in-2011

Last edited by Den in USA; 2011-07-20 at 19:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nice phone. If no other nervous tablet arrives before that I will buy it. Too bad n9 dont have that screensize.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

And apparently uses a flexible oled screen, this might be the first time we see flexible oled screen in a consumer device.

Also your link is dead here is one that explains it well
http://www.netbooknews.com/30828/sam...moled-display/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hope not. I dont want a flexibel screen

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Hope not. I dont want a flexibel screen
give me a good reason not to use a flexible screen on a device like this. It enables a thinner and lighter design and keeps the hing from blocking your view of the screen.

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
J always thought a 7 inch tablet was just too big to carry in my pocket.
Hmm, thats why its a tablet if it can fit in the pocket it will be a phone then :-).

Well, having said that, I dont mind to have an android but I found the screen of 10.1" is too large for holding using 1 hand. 7 - 8.9" would be nice.

One more thing: Why bother to buy now where in 2 months time kal-el processor will came out and I am sure the speed will be nice (except for the battery).

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
There are those of us who want a large-ish pocketable non-phone wifi-only tablet. (Well, speaking for myself, I'd take a cell data connection, but only if it worked like a prepaid phone -- i.e., you paid by the usage amount, not by some fixed monthly fee.) (My Tracfone lets me get online and pay that way.)

Not all that glitters is gold, and not all pocketables are phones. E.g., the iPod touch.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
give me a good reason not to use a flexible screen on a device like this. It enables a thinner and lighter design and keeps the hing from blocking your view of the screen.
you have to open and close it. takes time.
you will be the first flexible screen with all the issues that can appear.
you will have a smaller but fat device.
you dont use the whole area of the conver.
more parts easier broken.
+ 599 more

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by tirtawn View Post
Hmm, thats why its a tablet if it can fit in the pocket it will be a phone then :-).
For many years there have been 4 inch tablets. What do you suppose "NIT" means. It means Nokia Internet Tablet. That is what my N800 is. It fits in my pocket and it is not a phone. If I want I can wear "cargo" pants that have pockets big enough to carry a 5 inch tablet (or phone). I have a 7 inch tablet which cannot fit in a pocket unless I wear my clown suit.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2011-07-21 at 13:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post: