Notices

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
i'm also wondering about it. has anyone come across any in-depth discussions about this?
No but you can share tabs....OMG OMG /sarcasm

Opera has been king of speed on my N900 since first release.

Re: speed of Opera Mobile vs. Fennec, my non-expert understanding is that the Gecko rendering engine was built to handle extensions more than for pure speed. So I would guess that explains why Fennec is going to be more resource-intensive than Opera Mobile.

By the way, does any one else have difficulty getting this page (and any of its subpages) to display on Opera Mobile?

http://mobile.nytimes.com

Quite often for me it loads 2/5 of the way or so and stops.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
By the way, does any one else have difficulty getting this page (and any of its subpages) to display on Opera Mobile?

Just loaded fine for me.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post

I find that the NYTimes -- mobile and standard I think -- frequently load slowly or only partly on Opera on my N800; whereas Opera on my N800 shines on almost every other (Flash-free or low-Flash) site. The NYTimes problem, for me, generally occurs when I click a link to particular NYT articles from Google News. (Not that it wouldn't happen anyway; that's usually how I end up at the NYT>)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
anyone else having trouble entering urls or searches using the maemo4 osk from time to time? specifically that the input area will not respond to return.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
Well, it's definitely an Opera product... it just keeps getting better.
(yeah, okay, I've been a loyalist since just before the start of Project Magic, so I'm maybe a tad biased... )

Seeing session saving work (so long as you use the correct Exit button) makes me happy, but if feasible, what would make me even happier is automatic on-the-fly session storing, much like the desktop version (i.e. an Automatic Window Storage File, to borrow from desktop Opera's about:config). I love the fact that I can yank out the power cord on my computer, plug it back in, start it back up, launch Opera, and be exactly right back where I left off. It's robust enough that I don't fear crashes in Opera's desktop edition - all the tabs will be there. Getting this going with Opera Mobile on my phone - especially given how easy it is to run out of battery power - would not only be something beyond indescribably awesome.

I'd also like to see keyboard shortcuts (particularly for scrolling)... but, enh. No pressure.

The Following User Says Thank You to Viqsi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
finally managed to catch a error in terminal when opera froze on the n800.

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x3860d)!

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to add the feature "remember last visited sites" so if opera is closed and reopened the last sites will load automatically?

Thanks for this wonderful application.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Is it possible to add the feature "remember last visited sites" so if opera is closed and reopened the last sites will load automatically?

Thanks for this wonderful application.
If you exit from the O menu (bottom right). It will remember your last visited sites for next time. I'd like to have it do the same for when you close from the upper right X, but ah well.... If you find it difficult to remember to close from the menu instead, set Opera to fullscreen mode. It'll be larger and you'll need to use the menu each time to close it

Tags
fast browser, opera