Active Topics

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Great update!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Guys, whats happening? help me!
Either this is a somewhat improbable coincidence or Jolla made a special feature to use the FP-Reader solely for convenience, as i kind of requested (at least i wrote about my usecase to not use the reader for security but for convenience only).
So, they touched the fingerprint reader inconvenience.
But instead of completely fixing the issue, they only slightly bettered the situation for users relying on the "security" aspect of FP-Unlock. For my (insecure) convenience, all is awesomely perfect right now.
Let me explain:

The issue was one having to press the power-button first to bring up lockscreen, then lift up the finger and tab/hold it again on the sensor to have it read and unlock.
Jollas "solution", introduce mce-tool setting that does not need the button to be pressed to activate the scanner/lockscreen but "only" tab on the sensor, then lift up and (~ONE SECOND LATER, when the lockscreen has fully loaded) tab again.
[CODE]mcetool --set-fingerprint-wakeup-mode=always[/CODE

So when using a pin code, not much has changed as you still have a two tap process, now with much longer wait between the actions instead of the need to actually click the first time.
Spiiroin hints in the tjc thread it might be a limitation in Xperia X hardware and not be solveable into a on action process with jollas means(?).

Now, i do not know if jolla has planned the following, but if you have registered fingerprints and activate the mce-tools setting above but disable pin code in settings, there is my requested feature to unlock to homescreen/last app by simply touching the sensor once, bypassing the lockscreen

Could somebody confirm?

Is it only my phone that entered this state?

1. register a fingerprint in settings (if not done)
2. mcetool --set-fingerprint-wakeup-mode=always (or =proximity)
3. deactivate unlock pincode (if not already)
4. check if phone fully unlocks by only touching the sensor (still not reliable regarding pressure and targeting and works best without case attached tho)
Thx

@mosen i already reported the feature 3 week ago. sf 3.0.1 will more complete mce
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1548695&postcount=2755

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Finally the white ambience!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
@joonaPetrell has confimed in tjc that appDrawer-landscape-mode is fixed now, then waiting for the next ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The landscape orientation is all messed up. The lancher icons are piled up on each other, the background in events view is rotated 90°, top menu only covers the middle of the screen... Can anyone with an updated tablet confirm? Mine is only a J1 with a patch, maybe it is just the patch that is messed up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The landscape orientation is all messed up. The lancher icons are piled up on each other, the background in events view is rotated 90°, top menu only covers the middle of the screen... Can anyone with an updated tablet confirm? Mine is only a J1 with a patch, maybe it is just the patch that is messed up.
You're correct there; same thing exists on XperiaX.
The topmenu being narrower than screen is not that bad, but zero pixel vertical icon spacing looks a bit uncomfortable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Actually, I don't like that I can't just swype from the full top area to close an app, but maybe I'll get used to it.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Updated my Xperia X and one of my Jolla Mk1 phones.
Liking SF 3 so far but, not sure if anyone else has seen this happen on the Xperia X, once in a while the screen goes blank for a split second.
I don't think it's the magnetic flip cover causing it, because I have set the phone to lock immediately when the cover is closed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I have not noticed that yet on my J1, but I have noticed that screen rotation is noticeably slower. Like there is a bit of hesitation between me rotating the phone and the screen following. Definitely slower than before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
Actually, I don't like that I can't just swype from the full top area to close an app, but maybe I'll get used to it.
A setting or a patch would be nice to close apps with a centered down swipe and open the top menu while swipping down on the edges....just the other way around like it is now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post: