Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
just go to hell and burn brighter than ever please
As you wish but may I ask why such an animosity? If I have ever offended you in any way, could you please let me know? I swear it was not on purpose...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
As you wish but may I ask why such an animosity? If I have ever offended you in any way, could you please let me know? I swear it was not on purpose...
I didn't wanted to insult you. I'm trying to control my anger more

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
coderus sorry i can't remove the app locker patch (marked in red) and the volume control setting patch.. how can i do? thanks

edit: solved with rm -r /var/lib/patchmanager

Last edited by itdoesntmatt; 2017-03-25 at 09:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
I didn't wanted to insult you. I'm trying to control my anger more
I did not feel insulted. Only surprised.

Seriously, if I offend you (or anyone else), please let me know right away. Language, cultural and other differences could lead to unwittingly offending without meaning to.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Okay, then please explain, why you "have never used PM 2.0 and hoped to never have to"

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Okay, then please explain, why you "have never used PM 2.0 and hoped to never have to"
As I explained before, it is Yet Another Source™ for installing things from. Creates an additional headache: "Where does developer X put updates to patches Y and Z?" Instead of a single source, I now need a matrix. I am a simple man, I like keeping things simple.

It is the same reason I still use Skype, for example. It was the first IM system I started using 15 years ago and never has the need to switch to anything else. It still performs the same functionality it did then, so where is any compelling need to switch?

To each his own. Some people change communication tools, clothes, cars, gadgets etc with fashion. I change them when I absolutely have to.

EDIT
To cut it short, I do not have anything against PM2. It's just that I never saw a reason for using it.

Last edited by pichlo; 2017-03-25 at 21:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
PM2 came when some RPM patches caused phone to break on upgrade, because authors did some mistakes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Kudos for "Patchmanager 2 for SailfishOS", which is a vast improvement over "Patchmanager for Jolla settings (Patchmanager 1)", both for developers (i.e. technically) and for users (i.e. in terms of usability). Still (in order to make it even better), here a description of a bug and a few usability flaws, I experienced with Patchmanager 2.3.1-10.39.1.jolla on a Jolla 1 phone under SFOS 2.1.0.11:

1. Bug in handling updated compatibility information of Patches:
Prelude:
When SFOS 2.1.0.11 was released, most Patches in Patchmanager's Web catalog were still marked as for "... 2.1.0.10 EA" at most, so I had to toggle "Enable developer mode" in order to install them. This worked nicely and these Patches are displayed in red in Patchmanager's installed Patches list (which is good).
Meanwhile all these Patches were refreshed and are now marked as compatible to 2.1.0.11 in the Web catalog, but their version numbers were not increased (most of them are at 0.0.2).
Bug description:
Consequently Patchmanager 2 obviously does not handle them as updated, hence still displayes them in red in Patchmanager's installed Patches list and still shows "Compatible: 2.0.1.10" in the detailed Patch information (by a tap on a Patch name) there.
Expected behaviour:
Updates of the "Compatible with" information in the Web catalog should trigger an update of this information for already installed Patches from the Web catalog, thus eventually not displaying them in red anymore.

2. As a Patch can be installed in a Patch details page within the Web catalog, I expected a possibility to uninstall them there as well. It took me quite a while to understand that both, Patches installed from Warehouse and Patches installed from the Web catalog, can be uninstalled by a long press on a installed Patch name in Patchmanager's installed Patches list.
Please provide a possibility to uninstall Patches in their Patch details page within the Web catalog as well (e.g. by a top pulley entry or by also a long press on an installed Patch version), as one expects an ability to uninstall, where one installs (this is already valid for RPM-Patches).
Still, I believe uninstalling by a long press on a installed Patch name in Patchmanager's installed Patches list should stay as well; once found, it is quite useful there and works for *all* Patches (regardless, if from Warehouse or the Web catalog).

3. Minor usability flaws in Patchmanager's "About" dialogue:
3a. Patchmanager's "About" dialogue does not reveal the version number of the installed Patchmanager.
3b. One cannot scroll in Patchmanager's "About" dialogue to its bottom in landscape orientation.

4. The detailed Patch information page (reachable by a tap on a Patch name in the top level list of installed Patches) does not display the version and source (from Patchmanager's web catalog or from a RPM) of an installed Patch.

*Edit:* Continued in ...
Originally Posted by olf View Post
# 2224

Last edited by olf; 2017-05-26 at 23:31. Reason: Linked to continuation in post # 2224

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Hi,

Can someone tell me how to uninstall a patch that for some reason has been removed from Openrepos?
I'm talking about the patchmanager-name-fix patch.
I've already unapplied it. Now how to uninstall it?

n900user259

use terminal. devel-su then pkcon remove packagename-goes-here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os