Notices

Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post

I don't currently need donations. I'm all right and we're currently on free of charge plans with all service providers due to the low user count.

Apparently Qt 5.6 is going to be in the next update. That will probably result in Poor Maps being allowed at the Jolla store, which could bump the user count maybe tenfold and thus bring costs with the service providers. I'd prefer to cover the service costs by simply charging for the app, but while Jolla still doesn't have payment systems in place, I'll likely ask for donations.
Will the app remain open source when it's goes commercial ?

The Following User Says Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
Will the app remain open source when it's goes commercial ?
I don't expect Jolla to add support for paid apps anytime soon. Even if/when they do, I'd be looking to cover service charges, not charge for the app itself, so I don't see any reason to change the licensing. If really necessary, the worst thing I'd do is take the API keys out of the source tree and only add them during RPM build.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Version 0.27 available at OpenRepos.
  • Replace HSL geocoder and router with ones that use the new Digitransit API (adds geocoding for whole Finland, real-time routing and experimental routing for Waltti and whole Finland regions, #19)
  • Show route summary in the maneuver list page (#28)
  • Don't show time remaining in the navigation instruction block to avoid overlapping text

The HSL router (a.k.a. Reittiopas / Journey Planner) should work as before, although will in cases return slightly different alternatives due to being based on OpenTripPlanner now. The new router supports real-time information, i.e. will account for individual vehicles being late or early. Not all vehicles yet send real-time data, but coverage will improve with time. This router is the same as at beta.reittiopas.fi, so maybe beta quality, but seems to work fine.

In addition to HSL, Digitransit provides two other routers, one for Waltti region and one for whole Finland. These seem a bit experimental to me, but maybe will get better with time. The whole Finland routing should be about the same as beta.matka.fi. To my knowledge, there's no website for the Waltti router, but there's at least joensuu.digitransit.fi, which might be based on it.

Last edited by otsaloma; 2016-12-13 at 23:28.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Version 0.28 available at OpenRepos.
  • Add user interface translations

You can now use Transifex to translate the user interface to your language. I'll pull translations from there before each release. Currently only Finnish is included. I'll keep updating the Finnish translation, but feel free to use Transifex to fix that if I got some terminology wrong.

https://www.transifex.com/otsaloma/poor-maps/

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
otsaloma your app is great ..for me is absolutely one of the best app available for sailfish. thank you

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Thanks, it will be easier to translate Poor Maps.

The Following User Says Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
I've added a first draft in german, but am not entirely sure I got the context right every time.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
I have translated into Swedish, and found some translation strings either missing or not working. Here's some screens to give you an idea...
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I just wanted to say bravo!
Since some weeks i substituted waze with poor maps and really like the turn-by-turn reliablity in my region.
User experience is much better than one would expect given the circumstances.
Well done Otsaloma

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys, I see lots of translations coming up.

Originally Posted by eson View Post
I have translated into Swedish, and found some translation strings either missing or not working. Here's some screens to give you an idea...
The translations in your first screenshot do work, the problem is probably in whichever way you tested it. For a proper test, you should have Qt Linguist and gettext installed, run "make rpm", which also generates the translations files from po files, and install the resulting RPM. This might not work on the device (gettext too old?), I make the RPMs on my desktop Linux system.

The time remaining ("1 h 34 m / 1 h 34 m") is used for brevity. "1 h 34 min / 1 h 34 min" would be split across two lines, at least on the Jolla 1 screen. I'm open to better suggestions.

The navigation instructions come in most cases from the provider APIs. The providers don't support all languages. Mapzen supports cs-CZ (cs), de-DE (de), en-US (en), en-US-x-pirate (pirate), es-ES (es), fr-FR (fr), hi-IN (hi), it-IT (it) and MapQuest Open en_US, en_GB, fr_CA, fr_FR, de_DE, es_ES, es_MX, ru_RU. OSRM is English only and Digitransit translated as part of Poor Maps.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post: