Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Sometimes, when operating system has just started, File Manager shows only Bluetooth as an available system. If I go to X-Terminal and ask "ps aux | grep fsck", I see an ongoing filesystem check (it's started automatically under certain conditions, like bad shutdown or something). After 5-10 or so minutes, it finishes, and now the MyDocs filesystem should be visible (close and open File Manager to be sure). If it is not visible, and there is no ongoing fsck, then there should be logs of fsck somewhere, I think...

Just sharing my experience, I am not an expert by any means.

Thank you. Best wishes.
yes i confirm as my filesystem shows up after about 5 minuts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
yes i confirm as my filesystem shows up after about 5 minutes
It should not happen after all shutdowns, only after "bad"shutdowns. Like, keep in mind that default white-fade LED pattern does not show time of final shutdown properly - if you have to change battery (like, USB port broken), you should have a cyclic LED pattern to see when electricity has been cut off completely. That was my problem - I kept changing batteries too early, before the shutdown was done. Now, I have a good pattern, so most of the time I do not have to wait for fsck.

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
I have the same symptoms:

1) USB mass storage doesn't work from UI. Under Linux it shows the partitions for a while and then they disappears. I tried with different distro/kernel versions. I didn't try on Windows. But the mass storage works correctly from the bootmenu (i.e. no UI).

2) Also fsck runs on boot on user data and card which delays the boot process a bit. I always shut down the phone through the power button and I don't touch battery / open the phone after the shut down. The filesystem doesn't seem to be corrupt - the fsck from the bootmenu doesn't reveal anything. The same for fsck through USB mass storage (mass storage initiated from the bootmenu). I will also try to remove the card and run fsck on the external machine, but I doubt it helps.

Another thing I noted - ICQ stopped working. Other than that everything is OK. I am going to look more deep on all these issues, but any hints/tips are highly welcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to yarda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dy1ng View Post
I remember a video about the hildon-destop app switcher (I mean the multitasking view), and I think I saw that the author's desktop have the capability to rearrange the running application's order. Not entirely free, but he can transport the last app back to first, etc
Am I remember correctly? How is this possible, if it is?
https://wiki.maemo.org/Modified_Hildon_Desktop

Code:
/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/ctrl_backspace_in_tasknav
The action when ctrl+backspace is pressed while the task navigator is showing is controlled by this integer key:
5. ctrl+backspace behaves like alt-tab on desktop (at least on KDE). While ctrl is pressed, every press of backspace rotates the windows. When ctrl is released, the selected (top left) window is activated.
Edit: Modified Hildon Desktop is merged into CSSU; you shouldn't install it.

Last edited by hxka; 2015-04-24 at 18:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yarda View Post

2) Also fsck runs on boot on user data and card which delays the boot process a bit. I always shut down the phone through the power button and I don't touch battery / open the phone after the shut down. The filesystem doesn't seem to be corrupt - the fsck from the bootmenu doesn't reveal anything. The same for fsck through USB mass storage (mass storage initiated from the bootmenu). I will also try to remove the card and run fsck on the external machine, but I doubt it helps.
I get to it after while and I think I know where the problem is. The fsck run is now enforced in /etc/default/mount-opts, there is:

Code:
# Call fsck -p for /home at boot time in /etc/event.d/rcS-late
home_fsck="1"

# Call fsck -p for user's partitions (MyDocs, SD cards, ...)
user_fsck="1"
This can slow down the mount process a bit if there are a lot of user files. E.g. from the fsck.logs (/var/log/fsck*):

Code:
2015-06-19 08:47:52  fsck -a /dev/mmcblk1p1
fsck 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
dosfsck 3.0.12, 29 Oct 2011, FAT32, LFN
/dev/mmcblk1p1: 3073 files, 800191/1942867 clusters

2015-06-19 08:44:08  fsck -a /home
fsck 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
/dev/mmcblk0p2: clean, 34345/131072 files, 390163/524288 blocks
Checking nearly 40000 files on both partitions slows down the boot process and prolongs the mounting/availability of both partitions to about 5 minutes.

Isn't this default settings overkill? There is already mount check in the rcS-late and if the mount command fails, it runs the fsck. So why to enforce it on each boot?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yarda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Hey... last update just makes my device unbootable.
It cannot boot at all, not even to Backupmenu (no matter what I choose in it, device swithes off).
I can't find a better topic.. there was a kernel update.
Any way to fix this without a reflash?

The Following User Says Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by dy1ng
Hey... last update just makes my device unbootable.
It cannot boot at all, not even to Backupmenu (no matter what I choose in it, device swithes off).
I can't find a better topic.. there was a kernel update.
Any way to fix this without a reflash?
Welcome in team man
I'am in this situation from long time ago
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84829&page=221

The Following User Says Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by disappear View Post
Welcome in team man
I'am in this situation from long time ago
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84829&page=221
Fortunately, I have had a full backup from wednesday, so, after a reflash and KP +backupmenu install, I'm succesfully restored my system.
If I run apt-get update, the faulty (?) updates are reappearing, so I decide not to upgrade this time.
What is this might be? Some repo problem?
Why would this old kernel-version (because it's reflashing an old stock kernel I think) wants to overwrire my KP53?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by dy1ng View Post
If I run apt-get update, the faulty (?) updates are reappearing, so I decide not to upgrade this time.
What is this might be? Some repo problem?
cssu-testing does not contain a kernel package, cssu-devel does though, and it had a kernel update yesterday. But then again it does have a big fat disclaimer:
[Announce] CSSU devel, it may eat your brain
So disable cssu-devel and be happy, or help debugging that problem over in the appropriate thread here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Uh, you were right, for some reason I've had an enabled CSSU-devel repo.
Now I deactivated it.
Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing