Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by disappear View Post
Thanks Pichlo for your advice and sorry for my late reply,but till now i can't boot my n900 after installing thumb2,i trying with:
flashing under linux first emmc,second combined
then i chech for errors:
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
mkfs.vfat -F32 /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck -r /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs
restart
No any errors,then i try(i don't know how many times) to install thumb2,
everything looks good but when restart my n900 i had only black screen,nothing more,it does not matter how i trying to flashing my n900(for example recommended from Pali from the last post on this thread)i can't boot after install thumb2
What kernel does your device boot?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Hi Freemangordon,I already tried with both(kp52 and kp53)
First I install u-boot and backupmenu
*install manually kernel-power(power,modules,headers,bootimg,flasher and settings)
*install community-ssu-enabler
*run community-ssu-enabler(just press on him)
*thum2 installed correctly(before reboot the phone it's shows one title your oper.... system is updated.....)
*till here(black screen)
regards
note:this is not my first install thumb2 I have other n900 and hi working without any problems with thumb2

Last edited by disappear; 2015-04-06 at 11:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
Hi Freemangordon,I already tried with both(kp52 and kp53)
First I install u-boot and backupmenu
*install manually kernel-power(power,modules,headers,bootimg,flasher and settings)
*install community-ssu-enabler
*run community-ssu-enabler(just press on him)
*thum2 installed correctly(before reboot the phone it's shows one title your oper.... system is updated.....)
*till here(black screen)
regards
note:this is not my first install thumb2 I have other n900 and hi working without any problems with thumb2
and what happens if you start your device with open keyboard, so u-boot menu to be shown? did you make KP53 default u-boot entry?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
The u-boot does this automatically,when I installing kernel-power-bootimg.When start my phone with open keyboard,from u-boot menu I select kp53/52 and after this.....
You mean that I mamually remove and add in /etc/bootmenu.d/20-Maemo5-kernel-power-2.....item

The u-boot does this automatically,when I installing kernel-power-bootimg.When start my phone with open keyboard,from u-boot menu I select kp53/52 and after this.....
You mean that I mamually remove and add in /etc/bootmenu.d/20-Maemo5-kernel-power-2.....item
no, what you describe is ok.

Did you try to install cssu-thumb without having backupmenu installed? as bootmenu had some problems with cssu, it could be the same with backupmenu

Community SSU developer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Yes I tried without backupmenu and u-boot yesterday,but again the same resul it is happened.
note:when installing kernel-power53 one is depends it was u-boot(maybe for the kernel-power-bootimg)strange,for kp52 there isn't this thing

Last edited by disappear; 2015-04-06 at 14:58.

disappear, try disabling SmartReflex after installing KP.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:
Is there a specific reason you installed kernel-power? I flashed my N900 last week as well the same way you did (u-boot, bootmenu, CSSU-thumb...) with the only difference that I didn't install kernel-power.

From what I understand CSSU is providing it's own kernel that basically is like KP anyway. Yes it should work with KP but maybe in your combination/configuration there is something going wrong with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MONVMENTVM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86
disappear, try disabling SmartReflex after installing KP.
I always doing this
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM
s there a specific reason you installed kernel-power? I flashed my N900 last week as well the same way you did (u-boot, bootmenu, CSSU-thumb...) with the only difference that I didn't install kernel-power.

From what I understand CSSU is providing it's own kernel that basically is like KP anyway. Yes it should work with KP but maybe in your combination/configuration there is something going wrong with it.
It's happen some mess with u-boot although previously i was deleted kernel-power and u-boot could not recognize cssu-kernel it's shows in u-boot menu only titan kernel but won't load restart after restart.So i flashed only kernel but again won't start.Аt the end i flashed again completely my n900.I forgot to copy the warning message from x-terminal and paste here,however
note:
It's happen some mess with u-boot
now I realized that during the installation of cssu-thumb,the system not install ssu-kernel-bootimg,it should be done that,but why it's not I don't know

Last edited by disappear; 2015-04-07 at 12:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
now I realized that during the installation of cssu-thumb,the system not install ssu-kernel-bootimg,it should be done that,but why it's not I don't know
It's because you installed kernel-power before, so of course there's gonna be the kernel-power-bootimg and not the kernel-cssu-bootimg. CSSU is installing kernel-cssu-bootimg only if kernel-power isn't already installed as far as I understood it.

That's why I said there might be something wrong going on with your combination of cssu-thumb+u-boot+backupmenu+kernel-power. It shouldn't but it's a possibility. Maybe you could just try to reflash and ommit installing kernel-power this time so that CSSU installs kernel-cssu instead.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MONVMENTVM For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life