Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
wave invites don't come instantly, my friend sent me one and google did not send it on until 6 days after my friend sent it me and he swears he sent it on the day he first offered it me.

Google has to approve you first.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Google has to approve you first.
Wow, that is creepy.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Never seen out of memory errors on Linux? I run Linux and Solaris daily and I've seen them on systems of all sizes. Memory leaks, overly verbose log files, etc. With today's applications 256MB RAM/768MB swap or 256MB root is very easy to go through. For optimal stability and performance developers have to write good code and good developers are hard to find.

The Following User Says Thank You to vzontini For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Rebooting or typing in xterm "killall hildon-desktop hildon-home hildon-status-menu" frees up the lost space.
Rebooting does, but the killall command only releases some of the lost space as there are other processes still mmapping previous versions of the icon cache.

Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
The Wave invite never came in.

Here is a video I created based on your request http://bit.ly/2XN7o0
Dude, you F****** rock. Thank you!

An invite for Google Wave is very welcome here johanch at gmail dot com. Thanks!

Last edited by jcnorway; 2009-11-11 at 07:29.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Nice video, but dude, PLEASE, next time ask someone to hold the camera. The forum still wobbles.

Also, I've tried it too. It's so nice and smooth I forget open windows, by the time I'm at 6 or so it hits me I'm no longer on my overclocked quad core and start closing them. I never expected a 600 MHz (even ARM) to deliver this.

Again, nice demo. Thanks.

--

Oh, and, I also get random slows and freezes, but it's in sessions, like the device half-reboots. Reboot device, fine, again, fine. At some point, it's slow as heck, the desktop transitions are not smooth, apps hang for a second, stuff like that.

Rebooting + remove battery then start again cures it.

I have 88% usage in rootfs, and quite a bit of free memory (100M+, 8 M swapped). Odd.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but it started after adding a bunch of videos in various formats. I'm thinking media daemon.

Top is unhelpful, there's an app spiking (don't remember what it's called, it has a CLI with --log or force log and no fork. MAYBE it's the media daemon)

Last edited by ndi; 2010-01-04 at 18:35.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Finally caught it off-guard and used a htop with it.

Memory is full to the brim by the 7 instances of browserd that makes everything else swap out. Each use 9.7% of the system's memory.

Restarting... No use

/usr/sbin/browserd -s 1664 -n RTComMessagingServer

and then more underneath, with lower usage.

Started Angry birds to make it swap out, they were a bit unhappy at first (angry?), but after exiting htop reported 169 M used, with browserds dropprd to some 6% or so.

Are those the instances rendering the conversations? If so, what's taking so long, it's not like it's a long job I don't have that many conversations.

Maybe it's that and the media daemon daemoning.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.