Active Topics

anyone see good deals on n800 chargers recently?

i want to get some spares.
thanks!

Any nokia phone charger with the "little" connector will work. I picked one up for like $10 from a mall vendor.

All you really have to do it look at your current connector and get the voltage/amp rating and polarity and you can pick up any multi-adapter and make it work as well.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

I have three of them two for my N95 and the 1 for the N810 but i see this differences

N810 input 100-240~/50-60Hz/125mA Output 5V=/ 890mA

N95 input AC 100-240V 50-60 Hz/ 100mA Output DC 5,0V 350mA

The output mA of the NIT is higher and i have been wondering if there is any thing to be alarm exp impact on battery life any savvy advise

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
I have three of them two for my N95 and the 1 for the N810 but i see this differences

N810 input 100-240~/50-60Hz/125mA Output 5V=/ 890mA

N95 input AC 100-240V 50-60 Hz/ 100mA Output DC 5,0V 350mA

The output mA of the NIT is higher and i have been wondering if there is any thing to be alarm exp impact on battery life any savvy advise
I do not understand your last sentence...

Any Nokia 2mm charger will work (at least if you don't let the battery run all the way down...), but higher current will charge faster. Under exceptionally strenuous use, the tablet can discharge faster than the 890mA charger can charge it, but this is quite rare. With a 350mA charger, it will charge slower, and this situation will occur more often. It will work, and charge the battery to the same shutoff point, if you are not using the tablet too heavily while charging.

As alluded to before, the low current chargers may also have trouble pulling the tablet out of a very low charge state; don't let your battery run down, and that's a non-issue...

Last edited by Benson; 2008-06-24 at 19:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Thanks i only thought it will cause short battery life.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

does anyone have a list of phone models using 2mm charger?
i have trouble cross referencing on web sites, and don't see all the models in
one place...probably since some require a higher current charger....

I recently bought an N-series after-market charger because my Ebay-special N810 came without the charger and the seller has been real slow about sending it to me! Anyway, the charger is only be able to do about 400ma and often cycles on and off (I think it is the N810 internal charging circuit doing that because the external charger's voltage drops down to low for it). Anyway, the net effect is that the charger is able to charge the batteries in several hours, or run the device, but not both at the same time (When using the N810 while plugged in, the battery charges at a very very slow rate)

So it is a good idea to purchase a charger that can actually do the rated 890 ma current rate.

Last edited by wartstew; 2008-07-02 at 23:04.

Just got my car charger today for the n810. It's the Nokia DC-4 car charger. There is a slight difference. It has the 890ma, but instead of 5v it has 5.7v. Not sure if that will make a big difference or not, but this is what I'm using.

Thread bump.... I bent my N810 charger pin and now it barely stays in.... it charges but it sucks its half broken now...

anyone have links of aftermarket chargers that are known good and do the rated output... or any place that sells an actual N810 charger only???

appreciate any help you guys can provide.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Hawaii
amazon has the one that came with my n800... price has fluctuated from a low of sub $4 to $16 range... Currently at the sub $6 at this posting...

The Following User Says Thank You to buma For This Useful Post: