Active Topics

Notices

The new version of canola-tuning (0.3.0) brings a new feature.

If you are using the Web Browser you can add any Feed URL to your Canola Database, just click on the link to the Feed (Podcast, Photocast or Internet Radio) and the FeedHandler dialog (new canola-tuning plugin) will ask what you want to do with this URL:

Add this feed to:

* Canola Podcast
* Canola Internet Radio
* Canola Photocast

* Rss feed reader (maemo feed reader)

OBS: OS2008 Browser has a "Preview Feed" feature, so OS2008 users must click on the Feed Icon (the orange one) to activate FeedHandler Dialog.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenca For This Useful Post:
This is great news however, I listen to some radio stations that can only be listened to when using the particular radio station's embedded player. This does not work well with any media player for the Nokia tablets that I know of, hopefully the Canola people can find a work around for embedded players...

Last edited by migs; 2008-02-25 at 18:21.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Migs,

unfortunately this is a complicated issue : / if they don't want to provide a way of listening without going to their website.. it will be very complicated for canola.

And also unfortunately we don't have people to fulfill individual user's request.. because this website is like this.. other will be different and so on : / so sorry for that.. but we will stick to some standards :/

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

i'd like a lot of presets in canola, so i dont have to hunt for content on
my own... thats why streamtuner is so great... i get dozens of choices of
content, just by running the program...

i use streamtuner for audio... but i havent found the equivalent for
n800 compatible video content... and since the n800 only supports
limited screen resolutions and formats... "tuning" in to video has
been hit or miss...

i'd like dozens or hundreds of links to n800 compatible video content/ tv programs...

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hi Migs,

unfortunately this is a complicated issue : / if they don't want to provide a way of listening without going to their website.. it will be very complicated for canola.

And also unfortunately we don't have people to fulfill individual user's request.. because this website is like this.. other will be different and so on : / so sorry for that.. but we will stick to some standards :/

Marcelo
Thanks so much for the responce, you got a point about individual request would be tedious... I also have a Treo 700p with Palm OS and I purchased a media player called Kinoma Player 4.4 it's interesting that this player will play most Radio stations with embedded players, I believe they use "The Stream Center" website as an alternate way to listen to these stations with embedded players. http://www.thestreamcenter.com

Last edited by migs; 2008-02-25 at 19:14.

Feature request: one (1) official place to download new features and improvements for Canola2.

Dkwatts : there's a oficial place :

1) the maemo extras repository. To where you will be linked from our official website.

So actually today you only have one place I don't understand your FR. this is the add on part on the website.

Br

Marcelo

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Marcelo, i have one question - why is the podcast refresh (list download) so slow? It doesn't look like it is the download speed.

Or maybe only I'm having this issue?

Bundyo, we are looking into it, well the problem is as there's no standard, the parsing can be slow :/ we will see how to improve it or at least provide better messages while doing..

Br

Marcelo

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, I'm a web developer, so i know how it is out there in the wild

Thank you.