Notices

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by snow_fox View Post
How badly do the px100's leak sound? apparently the grado's are almost like speakers.
That would be pretty good. I look stupid air-drumming to silence in the office.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Grados are all the Dogs Nuts. Thats V Good for those not in the UK.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
hm. I tried listening to a song in WMA lossless vs 128 mp3.

i think the earphones did create something of a choke point. I noticed improvement definitely. Particularly in the background. I could hear the instruments clearer. it was very interesting.
Plus missing so much more.

In 'relaxed' music like 'ambient' you'll notice this sooner IMO.

However 128 kbit lossy versus lossless is an easy compare. Try --preset extreme and --preset insane. And not 1 track. And blind test.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Hm. Will check.em out.

I am gunna try to find a local music store and check with the music department at my college.
As a former music student, I would pass on checking at the local college. Most musicians listen to music on some of the worst equipment I've ever seen. I think it has something to do with the way they listen to a song; their brains are wired to hear the music and ignore everything else.

Pro audio gear likely isn't what you are looking for either, for a whole mess of reasons.

What I've always done when shopping for stereo equipment is to visit a very high end store with a selection of CDs that I'm familiar with, then head to the high end room. Get your ears used to listening to the music, and try to notice what you like about it. Then look for something in your price range that gets close to what you liked about the high end stuff.

Oh... and headphones in general suck. But that's OK, because most of the places you listen on them aren't ideal anyway.

Originally Posted by BigTony View Post
The N810 is plain aweful as a media player; dreadful sound - no headphone is going to improve on that.
i've been listening to and playing music for a living most of my life and find the SOUND QUALITY excellent; the laggy software on the other hand tries my patience.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Boulder,CO
Don't forget to look into both open air and sealed cans. I went with sealed because I wanted to isolate myself from office noise. I sometimes wear them at work without listening to anything just to enjoy the quiet.