Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Washington, DC
The Mogul received a firmware update in early March that activated EVDO Rev A and GPS. More than likely a phone will not come with the update installed, but a quick Google search for "Mogul 3.35 ROM" should yield plenty of download sites. But of course this is all moot if Rev A is not available in your city.

I am using the LG Rumor with Sprint. I took the everything plan, but have yet to be able to use my 770 2007HE to connect with my phone. Any pointers for this particular phone?

My Sanyo Katana works perfectly the trick was to a random four digit number into the password field leave <PSC Vision login> untouched). I am not sure why this works but I suspect a blank password is will not work.

Andrew

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
How does the phone know it's a random number?

(Just kidding, I guess)

Well, most BT devices that are hosts generate a random 4 digit number so that the pairing device (keyboard, speaker, nit, etc) has to enter that 4 digit number on their end to pair with the phone. The idea in theory is that this prevents you from pairing with another device without the owners permission, or vice versa. It's essentially a security feature, and one I like.

It's not a Sprint phone, but my t-Mobile G1 Android phone works great after I added PAN to my N800.

Just putting it out there just in case someone's searching.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My Sprint phone lets me use any four digits. It doesn't care if they are random. I could use 6666 or 1492, for example.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
To the post that said that you cant use a win mo 5 or 6 phone for dun, I used a Motorola Q9h smartphone and it paired with my N810 seamlessly and was able to browse and do whatever just fine. I was on AT+T.