Notices

Personally I prefer the possibilty to play music from folders instead of 'the media library approach'. Are there any plans to support playing music from folders in the (near) future?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Ani :

yes, indeed there are plans for that. I don't know if in the next update, but for sure before the final release.

BR

MArcelo

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Just to give a little bit more accurate answer: it is really not in the upcoming update, the upcoming update is really a major fix for most of the features (the bugs sent to garage plus the fixes we knew it was needed..etc)

The implementation is a little bit tricker to get right but theres no way to deny it, and it will be present, in some of the future updates, before we reach 1.0 .

BR

Marcelo

And it won't be an "either/or" type of scenario will it? That is, for most of the directories that I have, the tags approach is perfect. But, I have a few directories that are collections of music and not associated with one group or one album. Will this future enhancement be able to support both scenarios at the same time? Or will it be a setting toggle to look at the collection as a collection of directories and when off it looks at the tags? The hard way would be to do both. One possible way to handle would be to have the scanner detecting that the tags in one directory show multiple different artists/albums. Then just treat this as a collection directory with a generic cover with the name of the directory at the album level.

Hi Nano..
the goal (that's why it will take more time) is to have a By folders category on the main menu.. so both scenarios. You click it, you get a shortcut to your disk and from there you can start browsing like in the settings / media library watch folders.

I think the folder will solve the case of people with really no Tagged mp3 or bad tagged that are in just one big folder with subfolders by mood / other kind of organization.. not artists or albums =)

BR

MArcelo

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
I will really appreciate "By folder" feature. The best solution I saw so far to mix folder/tag worlds was on Archos players (I have 405, but all Archos PMPs have same approach I guess). if you have a chance to look at them, it might help.

Godd,

I have one of those =) I think it's nice, but it is some kind of a mess sometimes also =) but I got the point, and yes.. we will do it integrated, the complication here is not about the design but the implementation in the best way possible.

=)

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Originally Posted by handful View Post
Ani :

yes, indeed there are plans for that. I don't know if in the next update, but for sure before the final release.

BR

MArcelo
Is there an eta for the final? I've decided to wait on using Canola2 again til then.

But yes, browse by directory is perfect for me.

Hi Cashless, I would say our plans is to have it done in march. By done I mean the features that we expected for the final version. From there we would have a smaller amount of people doing "support" and new features, while the core team goes in and start implementing the version 3 ideas / concepts.

But again, this is not a promise =) I'm currently writing the roadmaps, and next week along with the update at least the roadmap for the upcoming update will be available.

BR

Marcelo