Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ staffordshire, uk
hi,
i have recently had a go at buildin a theme (quite blindly i must add; just file swapping etc) based on assassin's creed an the alpha them (i like the blue) so far my n900 recognises it etc but the wallpapers don't load just the standard ones, here's the linkhttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/19212022/assassin-blue.tar.gz i would be very grateful if someone could tell me where i've fudged up,
i also with to eventually build upon this with more mods an possible move on to makin matchin icons but for now the d4rk ones work really nice (thanks d4rklar)
an here's a sample
Attached Images

It's not often the stuff i type is helpful/useful so say thanks if it is

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to try-alls For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Your .../backgrounds/theme_bg.desktop file hasn't been changed to point towards your new theme's backgrounds (though I see you changed parts of it, so that's good, you're on the right track.

If you open it up, you'll see that it says:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Background Image
Name=assassin-blue

X-File1=/usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/wallpaper1.png
X-File2=/usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/wallpaper2.png
X-File3=/usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/wallpaper3.png
X-File4=/usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/wallpaper4.png

X-Order=01
You have to change the "alpha" to whatever folder you're putting assassins-blue into. (alpha is what the default blue N900 theme is called inside the N900 filesystem, but I suspect you've figured that out already.) Yeah, you know what Alpha theme is, as I just realized on rereading your post.

For example, if the name of the folder you're putting inside .../themes/ is "assassins-blue", then the paths should be:

/usr/share/themes/assassins-blue/backgrounds/wallpaper[1-4].png

(Maybe one of these days I should post my little modifications to system icons and the Marina theme that I made.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-21 at 00:13. Reason: Saw OP mentioned alpha theme by name

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
thanks dude knew it would be summat silly, i may rename this thread tomoz for people to upload project themes for help n testin etc

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Happy to help.

Fiddling with themes was the first modification I made to my N900 by myself - it's a good starting point, I think, at least if you're using X-Term to do it, because it familiarizes you with the shell without you having to do the serious things that are actually risky.

Anyway, good luck.

walllpaper now work but some highlight problem e.g. to sort by date on fappman it dles not have the blue bkground (the only files i have replaced are wallpaper1-4 + thumbs an wmtasklauncher an wmtaskpressed) will post screens of probs later as it's time to kick some *** on gt5

I really like your idea of an assassins creed theme, I'm a huge fan of the games.

Just one question, why not the original colours white, red and black as used in the games?

I hope that you still work on this theme and i'm looking forward to any changes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kershaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! What's this interesting looking widget on your screen?

(top right with the Maemo FM thingey)
Attached Images

hi all tbh i've have no experience of theme building, had many errors like highlighted items (e.g. which profile was selected is usual highlighted in the themes colour but alas mine f-d up) an have kinda given up (recent break up with fiancée has sapped my inspiration) if anyone would like to continue you are more than welcome an i will assist where i can,
an colour choice was because i love darker themes any distro of Linux that i happen to be running at that time end up with this theme
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=109028

an the widget is fm rds notify i got it along with the fm boost script

On this site are some great assassins creed backgrounds fitting the N900's screen.

http://wallpaperswide.com/assassins_...top-wallpapers

With the awesome m4riNa theme it's looking great.