Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Ok, tried to play a few hours with many files, but without success

this is a ShiftKey.qml file, if it possible to disable here auto-capitalization ?

Thanks
Why don't you just put the same characters for lower and upper case?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Why don't you just put the same characters for lower and upper case?
I can do it, but I want to leave english, it's nice when you need to write one eng. words, you just press shift to use english vkb instead switching vkb...
Just donn't want auto-capitalization

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Guys, how to add dead key (empty place) ?
What I need to add to for example:
Code:
CharacterKey { ?????????; symView: "*"; symView2: "`" }
????????? = dead key

Can someone try to make a Esperanto keyboard for Jolla? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto#Alphabet

I'm glad if this can be done.

OK, I updated my previous post. I completely changed vkb, it looks much better, 3 different variation

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=106

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Maybe someone already know how to adjust text to right, that when I type hebrew it will start writing from right side ?
Maybe adding some lines to the vkb qml file ?

I switched to my Jolla thanks to you Schturman! (Hebrew was an absolute prerequisite)

As far as the shift on start, I noticed the chinese input method has no auto capitalization, maybe that's where we need to look for hints...?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by thlaine View Post
I just got my Jolla today and so far it is very enjoyable. The only major concern for me is the lack of Korean input system. Following examples of this thread (thanks guys!) I was able to successfully create and install kr.qml and kr.conf files. Unfortunately inputting Korean is more complex than that. While each key represents an alphabet, words are formed from syllables. Syllables are formed by combining 2-4 alphabets into a "squared" syllable, for example:

ㄱ = k
ㅣ = i
ㅁ= m
김 = kim

N9 seems to have support for Korean input but I have no idea whether it would work for Sailfish OS.

Do you guys have any ideas about this? What's needed for creating a more elaborate input mechanism such as Korean? I haven't got much experience with Maemo/MeeGo/Sailfish coding but I'm willing to give it a shot if someone could give a hint where to start.

Final question: is there any way of enabling Android's keyboards in Sailfish OS?

Thank you for reading!
Based on Japanese keyboard posted here, I used custom input handler part to create Korean one.

Grab your rpm here: https://github.com/peremen/jolla-input-ko (click on releases section)

It may have bugs, so reporting bugs are always encouraged

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by peremen View Post
Based on Japanese keyboard posted here, I used custom input handler part to create Korean one.

Grab your rpm here: https://github.com/peremen/jolla-input-ko (click on releases section)

It may have bugs, so reporting bugs are always encouraged
Wow, I wish I'd found this earlier... Just wrote my own input handler for Korean over the weekend.

EDIT: your implementation looks to be better, though the ohi code is rather hard to follow

Last edited by Ascense; 2014-01-27 at 02:52.

Originally Posted by Keeper of the Keys View Post
I switched to my Jolla thanks to you Schturman! (Hebrew was an absolute prerequisite)

As far as the shift on start, I noticed the chinese input method has no auto capitalization, maybe that's where we need to look for hints...?
For now it work good also with autocap. I just added to it hebrew, all wirk good. I will check chinese...