Active Topics

I need help to decide what pad i gonna buy. The Nexus is more up to date on hardware and stuff, but im not a big fan of android. The Blackberry is more interesting because of the OS. Help me with pros and cons!

Isn't the playbook pretty old and dead by now, unless you are going to really mess with it and try tossing different OS's on it I would get the Nexus, it should be much more useful

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Having handled both devices I advise you to get the Nexus. The PB is clunky and has very poor app support (ported Android apps are generally not too good).

Better get Nexus 7, since you can run open source Mer/PlasmaActive on it (that's besides the stock Android of course). Blackberry device probably won't allow you running anything else there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Playbook will be updated to BB10, so you might as well get that. Much nicer looking OS than Android, doesn't hurt the eyes.

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Playbook
-via Meamo Talk app

The thing with Playbook is that im feeling for it like i did with N9 and N900. An underestimated pad, left out in the cold to die.. But if its getting BB10, thats just awesome!

Unlikely bb10 will works optimised for playbook 64GB due to the hardware. It will work but you know 'slow'.

I would rather get Nexus 7.

If you can wait, then wait until BB10 has been ported to playbook and see people's review :-). And you can decide during that time.

The Following User Says Thank You to tirtawn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Nexus 7. Install Ubuntu on it. Done.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I have in the meantime 2 Playbooks over here. They would even be worth every cent if BlackBerry would charge the double, but actually it is currently very, very cheap to get a Playbook.

It works just great, I like the browser, its good to read mails, flash player works for more special web pages (media streaming via web site) and the video player does the job.
The update to BB10 will bring more, even if there are only minor details I miss.

Depends on what you want to do with a tablet. I want to just grab it, enter a web adress and put it aside. I charge it sometimes all 2 days, sometimes all 2 weeks. It is my always on internet.

Edit: Oh, isn't in the Playbook the same Hardware like in the DevAlpha A? BB10 worked without problems over here, so I'm very comfortable about the update. I'm just afraid because of the background execution of the apps (there is a switch at the Playbook for this) - I use it to watch (listen) Video's while checking my mails on the Playbook. I'm afraid this could stop working... but I will see as soon as the update arrives.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Last edited by helex; 2013-02-01 at 19:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: