Hi all,
as you fellow Vodafone N900 users are aware our 'unlimited internet' package (FUP 500MB) is now no longer branded as unlimited and VF are looking to charge users for going over the 500MB FUP.

Since they enforced the new policy has anyone actually been charged and therefore been able to envoke the T&C's clause whereby the user has a right to terminate their contract?

please look at the other MASSIVE thread re this!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Luz For This Useful Post:
Ive hammered my data for the past 3 months (over 3gb per month) and only had three text warnings per month and that's it :-(

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
i got the following text yesterday from vf:

From Vodafone: To let you know you're nearly at the end of your monthly data allowance of 500MB. If you need to use additional data there will be a charge of £5 incVAT per 500MB , however we won't start charging until 1 October 2010. To stop these alerts, text STOP to 40506 Sent AUG 14 @15:18 UK

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Thanks @Luz - there is hundreds (literally) of pages on this Vodafone UK issue already.

To summarise for new people, the following can't/won't happen:
"has anyone actually been charged and therefore been able to envoke the T&C's clause whereby the user has a right to terminate their contract"

The way the contract is written they can alter the FUP without it being a breach (and therefore giving you an automatic ticket for termination/suing). I specifically say this to those that signed up on the 'original' (i.e. 2009 and before) contracts. The data limit is subject to a FUP which they can update and their discretion. They aren't stupid (unfortunately).

That said, don't take the piss and you won't have any trouble. You don't need to be doing over 2GB a month on 3G, and on Voda it's got so slow anyway in most places it's hardly worth it.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

From Vodafones website -

Can I terminate my agreement because you have changed your charges?

Your contract allows you to terminate if the changes to our charges means you have suffer an increase in your total call and usage charges by more than 10%. This will be compared to your previous month’s usage. However you will only be entitled to terminate once we have introduced those charges – this will not happen unless or until you have continued to exceed your data allowance and we have notified you that we intend to charge you.

You will need to send us written notification that you intend to terminate your contract and this must be sent to us before the charges are introduced (we will give you at least 14 days notice).

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
oh i have never gone over my 500mb....think i will having read i will just get a warning....haha...anyhow i am on a 12 month contract and that runs out soon so it dont really affect me as i will be switching from voda come december.

Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
oh i have never gone over my 500mb....think i will having read i will just get a warning....haha...anyhow i am on a 12 month contract and that runs out soon so it dont really affect me as i will be switching from voda come december.
I think most of the contracts with the other operators are now limiting it to 500mb as well.