If you go to Settings > Security > Developer Mode and try to install "Utilities" what happens as this would confirm whether correct repositories are now installed?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Same error as with the energy profiler. No go.

What is the history of this N9, have you had it some while and just decided to invoke Developer Mode or is it recently acquired phone that has been re-flashed? Beginning to sound as if something has got corrupted and if you didn't have any pre-purchased applications from former Nokia Store installed might have been tempted to suggest re-setting device.

Been with me since it was brand new, and enabled developer mode sometime around the end of February, 2012, if memory serves me right. I made a factory reset a month or two ago, and loaded my backup. And while Nokia still was maintaining the software it was updated to PR1.3 (40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339)
It has been shipped back and fourth to Nokia for services for my first year of owning it, for everything from battery issues, and the camera dying, to rattling buttons after service. But after that it's been pretty well behaved.
I do not have any paid for software from the Nokia store, and the stuff i have installed seams to have survived the reset / loading of my backup.
Or, that may just be the issue. I have no idea.

I could very well do a factory reset it again, but i don't want to lose the messages and contacts, so i suppose i still have to load the backup after doing so. Or they are retained through a reset?

Thank you so much for your efforts.
B!

Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
I could very well do a factory reset it again, but i don't want to lose the messages and contacts, so i suppose i still have to load the backup after doing so. Or they are retained through a reset?
B!
You would need to re-install from backup, hope that you connect device to PC in mass storage mode and get copy of N9 backup in addition.

I would try to get developer mode enabled before restoring any data to device though.

Pretty much like last time then, new backup, reset, and then thee change, developer mode, then restore backup. I'll try that tomorrow afternoon, and get back to you all.
B!

Before you go any further guessing that your N9 is 059L7N7: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Sweden SE Magenta_COLOR which may be the problem as N9Repomirror can have problems with some regional variants rather than devices running global, although should have been resolved in version 0.7.2

Only try to install n9repomirror_0.7.2_armel.deb and reboot device after installation.

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2016-06-27 at 17:45.

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Before you go any further guessing that your N9 is 059L7N7: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Sweden SE Magenta_COLOR which may be the problem as N9Repomirror can have problems with some regional variants rather than devices running global, although should have been resolved in version 0.7.2
The Nokia is a N9, check. RM-969, check. CV Sweden, check. Magenta.... No, it's the one and the same as in the other thread (Black to white, you offered up a pair of white bits) Still no answer from the other fella.) so, it's a black one... However, since i got curious, i couldn't dig it out from the phone, and had to go by whats on the box. And as it turns out, the box and the phone doesn't agree on what IMEI i have, so i guess they swapped my hardware around enough to make it possible that i have a system board that is, anything really.

059L7N6 64GB is what the sticker on the phone reads. As i said, i'm not able to find the model put in text in the phone software, i'm sure it's there, i just cant find it. It's not where i expected it to be, on the same "page" as the IMEI, and firmware revision.

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Only try to install n9repomirror_0.7.2_armel.deb
I did that right after i downloaded both. Post 8 in this thread. Didn't work. Tried it again. I'll just get a few things from underfoot here, and then i'll do a backup, reset, thingy, and see if i can enable developer mode, get things going, and then load my backup. I'll be back, smiling or crying, time will tell. ;- )

Again, thanks.
B!

At times ancelad was running out of ideas and had to accept only working in about 50% cases for some reason. You also may have to accept that flashing device software rather than using device interface to reset it could be required as here:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96018

Offer of black housing still stands.

This post from 2016 may help if you can understand it:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...40&postcount=9

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2016-06-27 at 18:22.

Ok, so i reset the darn thing. Installed 0.6.0, did the thing in the post to force it to look for the sources in the right spot, and it failed at "installing" instead of "downloading"
So i suppose that was a faliure, even tho it went further. Went and restored my backup, so i have a working phone again, going through the process of restoring applications right now... Weird thing. It listed developer-mode there, but failed the restore, of course.

*sigh*

So, i suppose a full reflash is my next option, how, and where do i read about this?

B!