Active Topics

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I guess you mean mtd6 block?
for the love of god, NO, and its not mtd5 either, if you would have tried that then you would have permanently bricked your device in a state that even re-flash couldn't rescue.

So maybe I'll give a bit better hints before people start bricking their devices, its mtd4("var"), so the patch would look like this:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8rS81vUX

(And remember to resign refhashlist with right sha1, or you malf your device)
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
for the love of god, NO, and its not mtd5 either, if you would have tried that then you would have permanently bricked your device in a state that even re-flash couldn't rescue.

So maybe I'll give a bit better hints before people start bricking their devices, its mtd4("var"), so the patch would look like this:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8rS81vUX

(And remember to resign refhashlist with right sha1, or you malf your device)
wait a second, it will be
Code:
ramz=64 * 1024
instead of 256 * 1024...though or?
anyhow, i still do think that it would be very nice to have rescueOS somewhere

Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
In the first post is written "this is only for super advanced users and no one is responsible if you damage anything with this, it's also only for those who don't connect phone to mass storage very often."; I think this happens because the swap was created in the MyDocs folder.. But is it possible to create the swap in the /home/user folder? I know that who has nitdroid has only about 800MB of free space (like me) but is an option, and who hasn't nitdroid has more free space to use.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
If you create your swap in userfs partition you are going to straight away limit the space for application data hence do it in mmc partition...

Just a Noob question:
Isnt the fasterN9 app (which works very good for me) disabling the swap funcion of the n9 (dont realy know that exatly swap is). So if disabling swap maces the n9 better -> wouldnt a additional swap mace it worse?

Im sure that i have a logic mistake so pls help me to find it.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I don't remember reading about fastern9 disabling swap...

Anyway by default swap is only at 256mb which is not that much...What wook has done here is create a swap of 2x of RAM so it makes things snappier and makes swap more effective...

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Noob question, how to reset the swapram? Dropcache cant do that thing

Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
Just out of curiosity, what is the /home/user/.signon/signonfs-mnt partition, (it's about 6.8MB)?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by kanser View Post
Just a Noob question:
Isnt the fasterN9 app (which works very good for me) disabling the swap funcion of the n9 (dont realy know that exatly swap is). So if disabling swap maces the n9 better -> wouldnt a additional swap mace it worse?

Im sure that i have a logic mistake so pls help me to find it.
FasterN9 does not touch swap.

By the way, N900 has swap in a flash device enabled by default and I don't think it caused problems for anyone.
So the idea here is to use both the ram swap and the flash swap, right? Does it make the phone really faster?

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Noob question, how to reset the swapram? Dropcache cant do that thing
Dropcache erases the cache and there's no cache in swap (in ramswap or flash), so not possible to erase it.

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post: