Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
Got the dependancies....and the program crashes for me.I`m on PR1.3 and power kernel 45.

Edit: After a restart it works.....I also installed Mydicto which has the gstreamer extras dependancies so these files might fixed the problem!
Sounds quite likely that installing MyDicto fixed it - I'll check out it's dependencies and update mine as required. Thanks again.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
This is a wonderful program (for musicians like us!)......One feature that would make this the best software on N900 would be somehow to integrate recording from an external source, either with h-e-n usb hosting an external usb soundcard or an external mic through the 3.5 input.....it will transform the phone into the best mobile studio!

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
This is a wonderful program (for musicians like us!)......One feature that would make this the best software on N900 would be somehow to integrate recording from an external source, either with h-e-n usb hosting an external usb soundcard or an external mic through the 3.5 input.....it will transform the phone into the best mobile studio!
It should be trivial to use any sound input source that is made available through gstreamer by the system. Sadly the only usb based interface I have is a Zoom H4 and that doesn't fully 'mount' on the N900 - everything else is PCI. Would be very interested in anyone who is able to get somewhere with this - be very happy to work something up with them.

The 3.5 input would need a special splitter adaptor (4 pole to mic and stereo headphone and on the right rings - haven't been able to find one).

The Following User Says Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
new minor version up (0.1.2).
List all available devices for recording from (only really of interest if someone can play with an external usb device through HEN)
Very minor tweaks to settings popup.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa....1.2_armel.deb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
Hi - thanks for porting fillmore!!!
Have you tried building lombard, it would be nice to have video editing capabilities on the N900
http://www.yorba.org/lombard/

lombard builds fine but would need tweaking to get it running - i haven't used it though so can't say how well it'd work with touch on a small screen.

have been curious to try it though, may do tonight.

Lombard - although it builds - aborts on start. Would take a fair bit of time to try and work out why. Best guess is a dependency issue (I had to convince fillmore it was okay to run on an older version of gStreamer and other deps), I'll look into it more later.

Last edited by mr id; 2010-11-25 at 08:34. Reason: Tried running Lombard...

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
Hi ; This project is really exciting, thank you for your work ;

I can't get sound to play more than half a second ; It continues to play but the sound stops
Same happens if I lauch a song in the MM player, then launch Fillmore, select "monitor" as source, then record, then stop, then rewind, then play : I can hear half a second of music and then the sound stops (but the playing continues)
I don't hear any metronome while recording or playing
I had to reboot the phone to see the guitar icon, before that I had a blue square

This is Fillmore pre-alpha 0.1.2 (BTW the "about" box says 0.1.0 so it's hard to be certain)

Is there a way to test gstreamer output outside of Fillmore ?

The Following User Says Thank You to xaccrocheur For This Useful Post:
This is a dream come true!! Keep up the good work. ill be here to support if needed

Originally Posted by xaccrocheur View Post
I can't get sound to play more than half a second ; It continues to play but the sound stops
Same happens if I lauch a song in the MM player, then launch Fillmore, select "monitor" as source, then record, then stop, then rewind, then play : I can hear half a second of music and then the sound stops (but the playing continues)
I don't hear any metronome while recording or playing
I get this behaviour from time to time when the system is under load. Performance is top of the list once the UI is complete. Have a look at some of the performance suggestions made in the first post.

Would be useful to have a little more info about your setup to add to my performance data:
PR version (e.g. pr1.3)
Stock kernel or custom (clock speed if OCing)
What apps are running at the same time, including desktop widgets etc.

This is Fillmore pre-alpha 0.1.2 (BTW the "about" box says 0.1.0 so it's hard to be certain)
Thanks, will make sure I update this version string each time as well. Good catch.

Is there a way to test gstreamer output outside of Fillmore ?
Many ways but not many that will let you playback and record at the same time. The gst-launch command line tools can be useful, may be easier to search the forums (and web) for usage examples as it's too much to go into here.

The Following User Says Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
So far im not able to play back recorded data. it plays a short shutter and thats it..

The Following User Says Thank You to lifenexus For This Useful Post: