Active Topics

Notices

Still only seeing version 35-1... tried both development and testing. :/

Is there anything I need to do to see the newer version?

The Following User Says Thank You to jmangs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Switzerland
Hello all!

Many thanks to Eugene for this terrific application! I have been using it for quite some time now and have been pleased with the results.

However, with the most recent version I suspect the option "side-by-side with standard image in HQ mode" to be faulty. Activating this setting gives me three pictures overlayed. A big one (presumably the HQ version) overlayed by two quarter sized ones covering the upper and lower left quarter (presumably two different exposures). However, they do not show the full picture either but only the center part.

This cannot be expected outcome or else there should be a better explanation of this feature. I had expected a true "side-by-side" without overlay. The way it works at present actually ruined some pictures I had taken when documenting some procedure because not the full picture is visible since it is overlayed by some other partial pictures as explained above.

Am I the only one to mis-understand this setting?

Cheers!
St. Mueller, Switzerland

The Following User Says Thank You to sm8ps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by msa View Post
btw, why can blessN900 only take 4:3 pictures?
will widescreen-support be added?
Maybe we'll add that feature in future, but it's not in the nearest plans.

Originally Posted by systemcrash View Post
It works! Not always, but it worked 4 times out of 6 I tried.
It seems that we have found the problem, it will be fixed in the upcoming release.

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Just uploaded new version (0.43) to extras-devel.
Changes:
- Fixed: Viewfinder freezing after opening the lens cover
- GPS EXIF tags corrected
- Photos saved to the phone when there is no SD card.
- Fixed: Application crash on startup when GPS & geo-tagging are enabled
- Compatibility with black&white theme
- Fixed: User name saving in settings
- Fixed: Crash when saving standard photo in 'shallow focus' mode

Sad news for PR1.2 users: BlessN900 is not compatible with PR1.2 anymore. You will need to upgrade to PR1.3 or use older versions of BlessN900.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
i updated to the version in extras testing and it promptly crashes, also stops my normal camera working too. I uninstalled and rebooted and the default camera worked again, so i reinstalled, rebooted, same problem. Having to uninstall again.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Woodbridge, CT USA
Okay, this may be beyond the scope of Blessn900, or it may be there and I'm just not finding out how to set it but....

I am interested in taking some pictures of the Leonid meteor showers. To do this, I would normally set a very long exposure time. Any way of doing this with BlessN900 (or any other camera app?)

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by ahynes1 View Post
I am interested in taking some pictures of the Leonid meteor showers. To do this, I would normally set a very long exposure time. Any way of doing this with BlessN900 (or any other camera app?)
First I must admit i don't do this, but all the imagers in my Astro club that use CMOS detectors {I'm not talking about the hugely expensive chilled CCD users} take short exposures (e.g. 100-200 seconds) and stack the images. This reduces the thermal noise and, for telescope use, improves the effective seeing.

Originally Posted by ahynes1 View Post
Okay, this may be beyond the scope of Blessn900, or it may be there and I'm just not finding out how to set it but....

I see no way to do this in blessn900. We plan to introduce manual setting of exposure in future versions, but now I think the only way is to use exposure bracketing mode, set ev corr to +2, and take most exposed picture. However, for astro photography you will normally need to take a number of photos and then stack them (for example, with our desktop product PhotoAcute Studio)

Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
i updated to the version in extras testing and it promptly crashes, also stops my normal camera working too. I uninstalled and rebooted and the default camera worked again, so i reinstalled, rebooted, same problem. Having to uninstall again.
Do you have PR1.3? Standard kernel?
Did you use 0.41 (previous) version of BlessN900 with no problems?
What happens to the standard camera - does it also crash?
When uninstalling BlessN900 did you uninstall fcam-drivers also?

Tags
camera, nokia n900