Notices

just wondering if there is a way to get song/album titles to show up in their respected languages. I have some chinese, korean and japanese songs. comming up in jibberish. I'm guessing this has more to do with the fonts supported on your n810. although, I can view korean on my browser...

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Recife, Brazil
Originally Posted by kingka View Post
just wondering if there is a way to get song/album titles to show up in their respected languages. I have some chinese, korean and japanese songs. comming up in jibberish. I'm guessing this has more to do with the fonts supported on your n810. although, I can view korean on my browser...
I think Nokia fonts (Sans, Bold) that we use do not support oriental fonts, you have to use extra fonts. Problem is that now fonts are embedded into theme files (.edj), so you need to copy default.edj to your PC, decompile it with edje_decc default.edj, change fonts (either by overwriting or by changing default.edc) and them compile it again with edje_cc default.edc.

Probably we should test this for next version and find more complete fonts, or at least provide an easier way to change fonts.