Notices

So love this app, it's my everyday app on the road between work and home. A tiny suggestion: create a desktop widget, that will be brilliant...

The Following User Says Thank You to nbkjbmj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ Yeah. This is definitely one of my faves and I would say that it's my fourth most used daily app.

It's super doubtful that he will make a widget for this though, but still, props on the cool suggestion.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by nbkjbmj View Post
So love this app, it's my everyday app on the road between work and home. A tiny suggestion: create a desktop widget, that will be brilliant...
I don't generally use widgets all that much so I'm curious what use case a widget covers as compared to using the app directly.

Three things currently are not in favor of a widget
  • I've never done it before so I'm not as familiar with how it is done
  • Continuity between platforms: Not having done it, I am not too sure how well a widget could work from version of maemo to maemo to meego to desktop
  • Doubting I would also get desktop support, that makes the testing burden for such a feature greater.

This doesn't mean it will never be done, I've implemented features before that I was more highly resistive to. I would recommend filing an enhancement so I don't lose track of your feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Hi there - can't find my particular problem when searching but if there's a fix just point me there.......

I've recently reflashed my n900 and re installed nqaap - in order to avoid all my audiobooks jamming up media player playlist I've placed them in a file I've called audiobooks and hidden it from the index system. I've pointed nqaap at this folder and it sees the audiobooks and apparantly loads them. However it doesn't play them. I've loaded panucci too and it doesn't either - am I missing anything obvious?

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by scoobied View Post
Hi there - can't find my particular problem when searching but if there's a fix just point me there.......

I've recently reflashed my n900 and re installed nqaap - in order to avoid all my audiobooks jamming up media player playlist I've placed them in a file I've called audiobooks and hidden it from the index system. I've pointed nqaap at this folder and it sees the audiobooks and apparantly loads them. However it doesn't play them. I've loaded panucci too and it doesn't either - am I missing anything obvious?
Sounds odd. Mind providing the log file?

Ok but it'll prob be in the am - off to do night shift!

It's superb.
Thanks.

Last edited by waryamsoomro; 2011-12-11 at 08:24.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Just to be sure, this doesn't support .mp4 audio, correct?