Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
Ok it transcodes them but it does it on the fly and I don't have to reencode my data manually and load it onto the N900. So yes it's not true 1080p but the source is 1080p and it's hassle-free, wouldn't you agree?

For me the goal is to be able to load up a HD video and play it on my N900 without ripping the disc and waiting hours for the file to be ready. So, 1080p on my N900 is not a misnomer, I think. Anyway, thanks for clearing it up, it's not really 1080p playing on ther N900's 480 screen.
Well if the user have a slow computer the transcoding will be slow, thus the video will lag.

Bit off-topic:
Can you play "raw"(not converted/transcoded) in any way 720p / 1080p from the internal memory / a memory card?
Or is the N900 too weak?

It streams ANY video regardless of size and quality. It doesn't mean you're getting the exact quality dude. It transcoded.

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
Just tried it with MacOSX, and although it setup correctly some videos do not play if N900 transcoding
is selected(browser works although macroblocking appears as mentioned on post #10).
Any suggestions?

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Last edited by Lacedaemon; 2010-02-05 at 22:02.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
It streams ANY video regardless of size and quality. It doesn't mean you're getting the exact quality dude. It transcoded.
Yes, we've already established that. This is still the fastest way to get HD video from your computer's HDD onto your N900 screen, however. Useful if you have a fair amount of HD video. many people do - 720p MKV is very popular these days. No need to transcode for portable viewing = win.

(I haven't tried it over 3G, though - has anyone? Any results to speak of?)

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Philippines
hi guys i was trying to download knots2 installer for windows but the link at the wiki site says the file has been taken down.. anybody know where else to download it?

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I think a lot of people use Handbrake now for video transcoding, so I'd take a look at that now.

Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
I think a lot of people use Handbrake now for video transcoding, so I'd take a look at that now.
thanks! i was just wondering if handbrake also has pc to n900 video streaming?

Not reading the whole thread and stumbling here like an idiot, but if you are trying to find a media(dnla)server for windows to use with N900, you might thy the Universal Media Server to serve your files. It has supported N900 for long time (got and update for that support just few weeks ago) and I have used it randomly to view some content over LAN. Don't know if you could forward it to even internet. Normally I use with my PS3 and Ipad locally.

thanks for that info! do i need to install a client for my n900 or knots2 would take care of it?