Dear knowledgeable ones,

I want a Fossil metawatch, but that is rather predicated on it working nicely with a Nokia N9.

While I realise that an app has yet to be developed for the N9 so that it can push notifications to the metawatch, i don't see that as a problem in itself.

However, according to this review:

http://thisismynext.com/2011/07/20/m...totype-review/

"The most immediate roadblock is broad handset compatibility. Fossil tells us that iOS 5 is the first
version that gives them a “realistic shot” at porting OpenWatch — and even then, Apple doesn’t expose full access to the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP) that MetaWatch uses to communicate. Furthermore, SPP isn’t fully or properly implemented in many Android phones that Fossil has tried"
A reply from David Rosales, someone who is I presume a metawatch developer:

"While it's not on our immediate list of projects, I don't think there are any Meego roadblocks with regards to Bluetooth or background tasks. Find me a developer who would like to help tackle it and own or contribute to an opensource project. Let's do it! "
I couldn't 'develop' my way out of a wet paper bag, so how about it?

Well even if both N9 and metawach are yet non existent on the market I can say with confidence: piece of cake
Both SE MBW-150 and LiveView are working fine with my n900 so I don't think it will be much different with N9.
I had hope in dynawa.org project but sadly it looks like it died.
When I get the chance to buy metawatch then we can talk.

The Following User Says Thank You to tjsgls For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tjsgls View Post
Well even if both N9 and metawach are yet non existent on the market I can say with confidence: piece of cake
Both SE MBW-150 and LiveView are working fine with my n900 so I don't think it will be much different with N9.
I had hope in dynawa.org project but sadly it looks like it died.
When I get the chance to buy metawatch then we can talk.
Excellent news, both about the prospects and your interest.

David seems keen to help with third-party development, I don't whether it would be worth contacting him?

I don't own N9 nor N950 so you have to be patient till it hits stores
Since it's linux platform it will be matter of few days to get it working. I'm more interested in it's firmware/hardware documentation than it's ability to work with N9.

metawatch has passed FFC and due to ship on september the 29th:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/25/f...****ch-fantas/

Last edited by Jedibeeftrix; 2011-09-09 at 15:37.