Posts: 41 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Woodbridge, CT USA
I did try ctrl-m and that didn't work. I also tried changing /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51, but that didn't work either. I've been thinking of disabling GDM as my next attempt, but I've been busy with a few other things first.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Originally Posted by ahynes1 View Post
I did try ctrl-m and that didn't work. I also tried changing /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51, but that didn't work either. I've been thinking of disabling GDM as my next attempt, but I've been busy with a few other things first.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

i have found ctrl+r and ctrl+enter to work also

i kinda gave up on this spend the best part of the day wrestling with linux installed boot menu, copied over the script, extracted the firmware files ect ect, formatted the mirco sd, installed mer on it and put the Firmware files back and boot menu still doesnt find it ~.~.
oh well was worth a try i guess

gav

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Woodbridge, CT USA
A few additional updates. ctrl-r, like ctrl-enter and cntl-m did nothing for me. So, I removed gdm and could get into lxde. Now, my problem is that I can't get WiFi working again. (It would work when I booted without LXDE, but I would have to click on the networking icon to enable it. I can't find something similar in LXDE)

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
Originally Posted by ahynes1 View Post
A few additional updates. ctrl-r, like ctrl-enter and cntl-m did nothing for me. So, I removed gdm and could get into lxde. Now, my problem is that I can't get WiFi working again. (It would work when I booted without LXDE, but I would have to click on the networking icon to enable it. I can't find something similar in LXDE)
install wicd from the terminal...light networking manager

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
I use a n900 with french keyboard and I can't use the return key in xterm to launch apt-get install ... lxde .. with the pysical keyboard or the virtual keyboard.

How could I do to install lxde ?

tips on installing LXDE:

enter button - ctrl m or ctrl enter

for hypen

type apt then press tab on xterminal buttons to get apt-

for multiple hypen

just press shift /blue arrow icon on n900 + ? to insert previous command

just insert the previous command apt- multiple times... i hope you get my point

Can anyone please make tutorial for installing Mer on Windows XP?