Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Seems you dont understand basics: only your person in this forum calling Jolla Phone as jPhone, and calling Jolla Tablet as jPad. You Know we're hating it, but you still dont understand it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@Dave999 kill yourself please with "jPhone" "jTab". I hate you.
Damn, dude. Is it that serious? Actually, don't answer that question.

If you really care that much about what other people name something (even though you know exactly what they're talking about), then I feel that you really need to power down and relax. You don't have to like what he calls it; that's his decision and you should respect that.

Do I like the name "jPhone?" No. You don't see me telling people to kill themselves over it though.

Last edited by Tigerroast; 2014-11-22 at 23:06. Reason: typo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tigerroast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Seems you dont understand basics: only your person in this forum calling Jolla Phone as jPhone, and calling Jolla Tablet as jPad. You Know we're hating it, but you still dont understand it.
I have seen other people using it both here and in other forums, but that is irrelevant. I understand it what you are saying because you are saying it over and over again. But I'm trying to figure out why? Is it your way or no other way accepted? Is that it?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you think it's a common nickname, but it only have anticipation feelings when someone write jPhone and jTab

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So people automatically going to compare it with iPhone? And you don't think Jolla can handle that?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Peace! Live and let live!

Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
Peace! Live and let live!
Peace is good. Anticipation is good. Life is good!

Everything above drive sales. So it's a win, win, win situation for us and for jolla.

Add to that yet another sub and we are ready for the next phone from jolla called...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Regarding "what's so bad about it"... Some people may not mind if someone in their presence slurps or eats noisily. In some Eastern cultures it's even considered a compliment, indicating that the person enjoys the food. On the other hand, many people find it revolting. It may not seem like a big deal to you but good manners dictate that if someone objects to it, you should at least try to do something about it.

Another point, most people have internal barriers to voicing their objections against something. If they eventually overcome those barriers, it means they have been suffering for some time and are really annoyed.

Could you please put those two things together? You have been asked many times to drop that silly and, frankly, annoying nicknames for Jolla products. No one cares what you call your toys, but shoving your silly creations into everyone's face can get rather old.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Regarding "what's so bad about it"... Some people may not mind if someone in their presence slurps or eats noisily. In some Eastern cultures it's even considered a compliment, indicating that the person enjoys the food. On the other hand, many people find it revolting. It may not seem like a big deal to you but good manners dictate that if someone objects to it, you should at least try to do something about it.
Cant argue with that

Another point, most people have internal barriers to voicing their objections against something. If they eventually overcome those barriers, it means they have been suffering for some time and are really annoyed.
Cant argue with that.

Could you please put those two things together? You have been asked many times to drop that silly and, frankly, annoying nicknames for Jolla products. No one cares what you call your toys, but shoving your silly creations into everyone's face can get rather old.

ohh...come on! Grow up

uPhone
jPhone
iPhone

It makes it so simple. Yet so brilliant. Hope jolla coming up with a cool name for their next device.

This is my last comment here in this thread. Like funny subjects, but this is getting too funny for my taste see you in another thread.

Edit: Lets move here if you manged to reached this line:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94205

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-23 at 14:45.

I'm gonna drop an extra $.02 in this bucket and that'll be all. There's many things that separates humans from the rest of the animals. Of all those things, manners isn't one of them.

It may not seem like a big deal to you but good manners dictate that if someone objects to it, you should at least try to do something about it.
If that someone is willing to tell someone to "kill yourself" over something as petty as a personal moniker (or even eating loudly), then perhaps said person should get over theirself. Since when has giving something a nickname equated to bad manners? Since others don't like it?

Too bad. If others don't like it, then more power to them. It's 100% their desicion to not like it, and I respect that. They shouldn't make something like a nickname a bloody controversy. If someone's burpin'-&-slurpin' at my dinner table, I'm not gonna get up and smack the taste out their mouth. That's petty as hell.

Perhaps I should start telling people at gatherings to keep their thumbs out of their pockets. Or tell people to stop calling the NES a "Nintendo."Because, you know, manners.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tigerroast For This Useful Post: