Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I thought I was going to be able to stream from my Windows laptop to my Nokia N800 on the road, but haven't had success so far. Should I be able t do this? What am I missing? When I run Media Streamer or Canola at home, they find the audio on my Windows laptop and I can play it, but here in Nevada they can't see the media servers. This is not entirely surprising, but shouldn't I be able to do this somehow? I had Orb and another server running on the laptop before I left town...

l believe you can do this with Tversity http://www.tversity.com/home
although I personally haven't used this particular app. I'm sure others will pipe in.

I've actually used VLC to stream video remotely off site.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Ocean City
TVersity, Windows Media Player, and Nero Media Home are programs on my XP computer that stream to the N800 while around the house.

TVersity allows me to listen to Sirius while away from home; as long as TVersity is running on my computer at home.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Orb works for me when I am away from home. Perhaps your router isn't allowing it to pass through - just allowing local connections?

The Following User Says Thank You to johsua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm back in California now and the music servers including Orb are visible again. I didn't set my router to bar non-local connections deliberately -- how can I tell? Would it be that way by default?