Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
I gave up - for qt4 build I turned to scratchbox.

On "apt-get upgrade" it find hildon-initscripts version from SDK which is clearly for scratchbox (it tryes to remove mp-fremantle-002-pr) and "apt-get build-dep libqt4-dev" repeats the same unreasonable error message (see above).

Later I will compare the installed packages on both - scratchbox and N900 with qt4 debian/control but for now I think I am spending too much time just to fix a simple bug in small qt-based program.

OK, I successfully build all qt4 packages in scratchbox and I have now ARMEL binaries for libqt4-dev - qmake/moc/uic/etc. It took a couple of hours, so in N900 it would take a couple of days I guess.

Let's see can it work for simple qt4-based application build in N900 (I target googlelatitude) now. If it work I can share that binaries.

EDIT: googlelatitude build on N900 works... some issue does exist but it may be bugs...

In any case - big thank to daperl for providing clues and build bugs fixes.

Last edited by egoshin; 2010-10-29 at 23:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Sorry for interrupting but aren't you taking this old thread too far from its original topic?

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Sorry for interrupting but aren't you taking this old thread too far from its original topic?
Don't sure but my point is about incompatibility of Maemo's N900 with libqt4-dev. I speak not about general incompatibility but practical one - I can't did QT development on N900 from software source.

Sorry, if it bothers you.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I would say Quim is asking that not because what you say is not interesting but because this topic is in the Harmattan forum and about Maemo 6...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Sorry for bothering you the last time in this thread -

I upload a package libqt4-dev-armel into https://garage.maemo.org/projects/libqt4-dev-arm/

You can install it on N900 Maemo for small QT development instead of libqt4-dev. It is built from the same source but with ARMEL binaries.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Ok, people, do you now understand, after the windows Phone 7 announcements, why I started this thread? And do you see now why it was such a bad idea?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It sounds like the OP doesn't think this is too far off topic, and it might even be relevant to what's happening nowl

Tags
cross-platform, dui, future, harmattan, libdui, maemo, maemo 6, plain qt, programming, source compatibility, symbian