Active Topics

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Has anyone ever been able to make a video call with the n800?
I can't get the Nokia Internet Call to work. I install the Windows app, but no contacts get added or authorization requests arrive at my n800.

How am i supposed to make a video call? Do i have to use GTalk for that? Jabber doesn't support video.

Ton.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Internet Call Invitation doesnt work for me either..

I get error when I try use it after I have entered name and click ok.. It trys contact somewere and then it gives error.. Dont work, try later..

Hope Skype comes soon.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
Hope Skype comes soon.
I don't see Skype coming to the n800 any time soon. They are 120% focussed on Windows. No Mac, no Linux and certainly no n800 support.

But Skype set aside, if Nokia included a camera in the n800 it must be usable for something, no? What app can talk to the n800 video chat feature?

Ton.

It appears you must have an email account configured. When I attempt to configure a pop3 on my server, it wants to set up a gmail or google account. Where do I give it my server configs? Can someone with knowledge of this device give a step by step to get the video chat working. I saw it working on the demo's from the internet but noone has given a start to finish configuration guide. I realize this device is more of a techie guru type of device but everyone could benefit with help on this configuration. Thoughtfix is really knowlegable with this device. How about some assistance here. Also, gaining su access via red pill does not seem to work, how about a step by step link to gaining su access for the n800 as well. THANKS!

Originally Posted by Toontje View Post
I don't see Skype coming to the n800 any time soon. They are 120% focussed on Windows. No Mac, no Linux and certainly no n800 support.

Ton.
Nokia said that Skype comes for N800 at first half of 2007.

Originally Posted by play2win View Post
It appears you must have an email account configured. When I attempt to configure a pop3 on my server, it wants to set up a gmail or google account. Where do I give it my server configs? Can someone with knowledge of this device give a step by step to get the video chat working. I saw it working on the demo's from the internet but noone has given a start to finish configuration guide. I realize this device is more of a techie guru type of device but everyone could benefit with help on this configuration. Thoughtfix is really knowlegable with this device. How about some assistance here. Also, gaining su access via red pill does not seem to work, how about a step by step link to gaining su access for the n800 as well. THANKS!
I just got my N800 so I decided to give this internet call a try. Hooked up my eyetoy camera to the computer since I didn't have a webcam.

Assuming that your internet connection is working on the n800 and that you set up a google talk account on the N800 from control panel in the connectivity section and it's working. You can select "send call invitation" to another user. If you didn't set up your email then all you have to do is "send invitation message via another application". This will copy the invitation to the clipboard. Start your web browser and go to your google mail or any web mail you use and then paste the invitation into the body of your email. Enter your recipient address and bingo, they get the invitation to install "internet call" software on their computer. Then they click on add contact to add you to their contact list. When they or you click to initiate a chat, the other will get a ring and you answer it. There you go, and you're video chatting.

My nokia did a reboot after a while though, I guess that is why it is beta.
"less is like more but better"

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Originally Posted by Toontje View Post
Has anyone ever been able to make a video call with the n800?
I can't get the Nokia Internet Call to work. I install the Windows app, but no contacts get added or authorization requests arrive at my n800.

How am i supposed to make a video call? Do i have to use GTalk for that? Jabber doesn't support video.

Ton.
I would just try it again, because it worked fine for me. My sister inlaw, who isn't a computer genius, was even able to get it to work on her pc w/out my help.

goodluck!

Internet call invitation doesnt work for me. I have created Google Talk account with N800 and its connected. I can also send email with n800, so email account works ok.

I have finnish language OS, so I try translate things to english..

When I try make Internet call invitation.. I first get box that says.. Nokia Internet invitation (Beta) is not at use. Do you want active it now ok/cancel.. -> ok.. -> bigger box comes with lot of text, but asks screen name and tells me that internet invitation can be sent after I have given that name.. -> I enter something.. -> other box comes that says.. ´Active Internet call invitation (beta)? This needs connection ok/cancel.. ->ok.. I get small box that says.. ´Cant connect so server´.. Then it asks screen name again..