Closed Thread
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
Cable e.g. WURTH 687606050002 - CABLE, FFC, 0.5MM, 50MM, 6WAY , available at Farnell
This one I already have here, but it will not bend that nicely.

MOLEX - 21020-0053 - CABLE ASSEMBLY, PREMO-FLEX FFC TYPE-A, 0.167FT (also at Farnell 2,20€ @ 100pcs)
Premo-Flex FFC jumpers in ultra-thin, ultra-flexible 0.12mm cable have an extended flex life of 900,000 cycles vs. standard jumper flex life of 6,000 cycles.

That sounds good, thanks!

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Wow great work guys! I have been reading this thread and I have to admit that the whole ideas are awsome!

What I can really understand from the 3d designs is this:
With the keyboard closed will you be able to take a photo or the camera will be hidden?

I don't really know if I will buy a jolla in the near future(I don't have the money right now) but it is such a big thing to make a hw keyboard from scratch

I have seen somewhere about a psp analog stick as well! About that maybe you could use a razor x board instead of the real analog stick!

What it does:
Instead of having an analog stick, it makes it works like a key, but it feels like an analog stick and it is better for the room too, because this board makes the stick thinner!(Just an idea )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
Wow great work guys! I have been reading this thread and I have to admit that the whole ideas are awsome!

What I can really understand from the 3d designs is this:
With the keyboard closed will you be able to take a photo or the camera will be hidden?

I don't really know if I will buy a jolla in the near future(I don't have the money right now) but it is such a big thing to make a hw keyboard from scratch

I have seen somewhere about a psp analog stick as well! About that maybe you could use a razor x board instead of the real analog stick!

http://www.acidmods.com/images/razorx.jpg
What it does:
Instead of having an analog stick, it makes it works like a key, but it feels like an analog stick and it is better for the room too, because this board makes the stick thinner!(Just an idea )
Where can I get this? Price/availability? Dimensions? Additional hw to get this working?

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
For true gamers... (SORRY OFFTOPIC)
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Why not simply stick with the N900 keyboard? The Motorola keyboard doesn't have any number keys anyway, and most of us are very familiar with the N900 keyboard (never underestimate habit)!

Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Where can I get this? Price/availability? Dimensions? Additional hw to get this working?
I am not sure if you can really buy them anymore and from where! But there are some tutorials that shows you how to make a homemade board for this, or maybe do this without a board as well(but it will be a little messy maybe?)

Here are some different tutorials from acidmods(not sure if I am breaking a rule or something... if yes sorry, just tell me and I will delete them...):
http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index....c,34880.0.html
http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index....c,27423.0.html
http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index....html#msg282228

The whole idea is this:
The psp's stick has a small spring on it, which you can use it as ground and use the other four pins/metals for making it work as 4 keys

By the way kimmoli I like the way you are thinking

Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
Why not simply stick with the N900 keyboard? The Motorola keyboard doesn't have any number keys anyway, and most of us are very familiar with the N900 keyboard (never underestimate habit)!
This has been stated before, but again:

1. domesheet is not available
2. makes construction more complex and thus weaker.

For true gamers... (SORRY OFFTOPIC)
I like! Stick it in your UART-OH!

I am not sure if you can really buy them anymore and from where! But there are some tutorials that shows you how to make a homemade board for this.
As stated before, the key in building a successful qwerty-oh is using of-the-shelf products!

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-01-22 at 17:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I saw a lot articles about typo keyboard for iphone has got some millions of bucks by some investor, and they only come out with a cheap bt keyboard case which does not even physically connected to the phone. They should really invest to Dirkvl probably 1/10 or money will be enough for a product better than typo.

Sorry for the offtopic, that looks very nice, will buy instantly when available.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
As stated before, the key in building a successful qwerty-oh is using of-the-shelf products!
I can't find if there is someone selling it anymore... Not even on ebay...
So if you will include the analog stick, you will have to use it as it is without modding it...

By the way, with what type of keyboard will you make it? I have seen so many different styles!

Last edited by bill_klpd; 2014-01-22 at 17:49.

By the way, after all with what keyboard style will you make that because I have seen so many!
It will look like this. That is the A855 Droid keyboard. Reasons for this keyboard are mentioned repeatedly in this thread, but are mainly availabilty, price and complexity.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty