Notices

Would be great if you could make those pages translatable, too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Would be great if you could make those pages translatable, too.
I actually don't know how to do that. All I can suggest, at present, to fork https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server , make a new subfolder under docs, like

docs/fr

and insert translated index.md together with html files and screenshots under that directory (docs/fr). Styles and used JS can be all linked from there.

I guess we need the first brave translator to do that and all others would follow. Not as simple as for the main app, but should be doable.

Or is there a better way?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
After updating to OSM scout server to 0.14.1-1, search and navigating returns "no results" in Poor maps. i'm using default profile and Norwegian map. Is there a bug in the latest build?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PamNor View Post
After updating to OSM scout server to 0.14.1-1, search and navigating returns "no results" in Poor maps. i'm using default profile and Norwegian map. Is there a bug in the latest build?
@PamNor, looks like its a bug during import. I am looking into it now. I'll let you know via this thread when its fixed. Sorry for it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
User's manual coveeing setup of the server and clients (Poor Maps and modRana) is out and available at https://rinigus.github.io/osmscout-server/ .

Hopefully, I covered the most important aspects. Let me know if I missed something. Look by CSS/HTML experts is welcome to get the fonts shown a bit bigger on Jolla browser in tutorials.
That's a huge work you have done here ! You rock !

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I guess we need the first brave translator to do that and all others would follow. Not as simple as for the main app, but should be doable
I'll take a try tonight at translating the main markdown part, but I'm not sure to have the courage right now to start taking all the screenshots in French...
Have you done those screenshots on the SDK emulator, or did you take those on the device with lbt's screenshot app ?

Seeing how the app starts to be user friendly, if I can get that tutorial running in French, I could give the link to the French Jolla community (JollaFr.org) to try to enhance its visibility. What do you think of this ? Is it too soon ? Does the map server can handle some more users right now ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Rinigus,

I started translation of the english user manual to French.

So far, I have only translated the index.md (https://github.com/Sagittarii/osmsco...01b02a3f51d286).

I also tried to reorder the docs directory to make it easier to navigate when there will be several translations, along the original english files :
* move the english pages to docs/en (to locate easily what needs to be translated, and because even if it is the default one, it is still a language among all)
* move the css file to docs/assets/ (that is the name I usually find in web stuff, but I am opened to suggestion)
* added the html files for french (not yet translated), but keeping the same filenames as in english, to easily check if some files are missing/new when doing translations, and so that only the /en/, /fr/,... part has to change in the url to make it easy to point to other languages without having to translate the filenames.

This can be seen in the following commit: https://github.com/Sagittarii/osmsco...01b02a3f51d286
which gives the tree seen in : https://github.com/Sagittarii/osmsco...ee/master/docs

I updated the path to js and css stuff in the new /en/ directory, so that the html files there should run correctly after these moves.

I kept the fullPage.js dir at the docs root, but we could put it in assets/ too ?

Also, there is a missing index at the docs root to select the language now.

What do you think of this ? If you like it, I can put a pull request for you to integrate this changed structure before other translators start working on it.

Web is not my specialty, so if someone knows better than me, please help us !

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
@PamNor, I think that the bug is in libosmscout location index code and I have submitted the issue to the library. It seems that it's not very common bug and I haven't been influenced by it when testing with several other countries. I know that Norway used to work just recently since I have been in Oslo and used it. So, it looks like its a rather specific case.

In case of geocoder-nlp import, I am using libosmscout to import data from OSM-based PBF and, after that, transverse location index to feed geocoder-nlp importer. So, even if we don't use libosmscout in the default profile, I am using it for the import.

One option is to to downgrade to libosmscout version that was used earlier. If it works and I or libosmscout developers cannot fix the issue fast, I'll make new map import for libosmscout and geocoder-nlp with the older version.

Let me look into it a bit longer, may take few days.

If anyone has seen degradation in the recent version, please let me know.

@Zeta: thank you! The screenshots were made using lbt's screenshot app on device. That way it can be done with the morning coffee.

It would be great to get tutorials and manual translated - that should help the users. Whether its too soon to advertise in the wider audience, I don't know. I presume many know already and I guess the server should hold it, there have been no feedback from @MartinK.

However, before advertising, I must fix the import bug as seen for Norway. (see more specific replies below)

Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Rinigus,

I started translation of the english user manual to French.

So far, I have only translated the index.md (https://github.com/Sagittarii/osmsco...01b02a3f51d286).

I also tried to reorder the docs directory to make it easier to navigate when there will be several translations, along the original english files :
* move the english pages to docs/en (to locate easily what needs to be translated, and because even if it is the default one, it is still a language among all)
* move the css file to docs/assets/ (that is the name I usually find in web stuff, but I am opened to suggestion)
* added the html files for french (not yet translated), but keeping the same filenames as in english, to easily check if some files are missing/new when doing translations, and so that only the /en/, /fr/,... part has to change in the url to make it easy to point to other languages without having to translate the filenames.

This can be seen in the following commit: https://github.com/Sagittarii/osmsco...01b02a3f51d286
which gives the tree seen in : https://github.com/Sagittarii/osmsco...ee/master/docs

I updated the path to js and css stuff in the new /en/ directory, so that the html files there should run correctly after these moves.
Excellent, lets move these.

I kept the fullPage.js dir at the docs root, but we could put it in assets/ too ?
Would be good to move it too, just note that its submodule.

Also, there is a missing index at the docs root to select the language now.
Yes, that's needed too. It could be also redirect to English with en/index.md listing all languages. But I am open to any option.

What do you think of this ? If you like it, I can put a pull request for you to integrate this changed structure before other translators start working on it.

Web is not my specialty, so if someone knows better than me, please help us !
I think its a great way and let's optimize the directory tree to make it simple for others.

@PamNor, I am going to revert to older libosmscout version that used to work. When testing with Norway, all seemed fine.

So, I will be reimporting planet for libosmscout and geocoder-nlp. Then I will have to push it all to @MartinK's server and release new version of OSM Scout Server (0.15). Should be all done in 1-2 days if nothing unexpected will come out during testing. [While typing, Faroe Islands are imported already]

Looks like the Netherlands were hit as well: https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/174

If anyone has observed similar degradation in search performance (or anything else), please report.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
Thanks for your hard work and premium support. it's then time for me to speed up the Norwegian translation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PamNor View Post
Thanks for your hard work and premium support. it's then time for me to speed up the Norwegian translation.
0.15.0 is packaged already and I am uploading maps right now. The version will be released on OpenRepos tomorrow morning, assuming that maps will be transferred fully during a night.

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles