Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Pebble and Pebble time for sale at this store in the Czech Republic

https://www.alza.cz/EN/trendy/pebble...361178.htm?o=4

The Following User Says Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Originally Posted by glo-worm View Post
Pebble and Pebble time for sale at this store in the Czech Republic

https://www.alza.cz/EN/trendy/pebble...361178.htm?o=4
Seems they have all sold now. But not before I bought 2!!

The Following User Says Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by proprog View Post
Both functions are available in libpebble and it shouldn't be that much work to add them to maebble.

I have it on my todo list but other work is taking all my time at the moment. Hopefully I get some time to work on it the coming week.

And with some luck maybe I can get my pebble time to work again if I can update the firmware manually.
I shall be glad to try again when firmware update will become possible. For the record, I have one Pebble Time, and one Pebble Time Round. Would be happy to test things. Do not have much experience with Bluetooth being on-but-not-visible, but I hope it doesn't drain battery that much. Because getting notifications on my watch would be neat, and allow my phone to stay in my pocket, bag or backpack, without missing SMS, calls or emails.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

P.S. Just tried maebble with Pebble Time Round. Hardware spauld13, and of course recovery_fw. Looks nice...

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2017-11-27 at 03:03. Reason: P.S.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
It's so great that work is still being done on this, thanks!

So, I've got the track info to show with maebble 0.92b. Sweet, but the time is still off for some reason and the pause button only starts song over from beginning. Also the media.tmp file can't be created, were does this go?.

Any idea what I can change?

x

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
So it look like I fixed my timezone offset problem. Not sure if this is the proper thing to do. But for those that suffer the same as me with my time being and hour(s) fast(slow) you could try the following:

back up, then edit ?home/user/.config/maebble/settings.py
I basically changed & added the correct offset after != 0: to > X: (x is your offset number)
So for me it was +5, instead of 0.

Code:
# Change to +5 (fall) & +0 (spring), for correct time.
def get_localtime():
    ts = 0
    if time.daylight > +0:
        ts = int(time.time()) - time.altzone
    else:
        ts = int(time.time()) - time.timezone
    return ts
I don't really know python but this is pretty straight forward. I'll look to see if the dev thinks this is a bad idea (or anyone else for that matter)

cheers

x

Last edited by xman; 2018-03-19 at 13:31. Reason: Updated my code to remind me about silly daylight savings.

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Good news everybody!
Maebble is now approved at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maebble/
and the latest files by Proprog are now available there.
I hope we eventually have something worthy of uploading to extras development which we also have access to.
This is Proprog's project I have only set up the Maemo Garage stuff.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
Hello

I know this app is for Pebble but is there a chance that you can make a similar app for Xiaomi Mi Band 2?? Or just port Gadgetbridge (Android app) to Maemo??

Cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to branja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by branja View Post
Hello

I know this app is for Pebble but is there a chance that you can make a similar app for Xiaomi Band 2?? Or just port Gadgetbridge (Android app) to Maemo??

Cheers
Maebble is based on libpebble, not sure the basis of gadgetbridge. I doubt the Xiaomi uses the same or similar protocol to the Pebble.
You can review the python for maebble to see if it lines up with what is required to talk to the Xiaomi.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
branja,

it's never a guarantee, but you might want to provide links to source code or an api or something that would help and one thinking about making a program for this device. There used to be a software call open watch, which could be another start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGy1857r6yg

x

Originally Posted by branja View Post
Hello

I know this app is for Pebble but is there a chance that you can make a similar app for Xiaomi Mi Band 2?? Or just port Gadgetbridge (Android app) to Maemo??

Cheers

Last edited by xman; 2018-03-19 at 14:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
I would, but I don't know anything when it comes to programming.
The only thing I know is that I want my N900 to become my main device again and I want to get rid of an Android device.

Hmmm..I think that Gadgetbridge is an open software. I will link its page on the github here.. https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge

It would be amazing if someone could port this app (I can test it, at lest for Mi band 2) on the N900.

Last edited by branja; 2018-03-19 at 16:02.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to branja For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble time, smart watch