Active Topics

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Don't worry, 6 months after its release Nokia will announce that they will be bringing MeeGo and WP7 together into an epic cluster****.
If the arcade gaming part of WP7 was highly linked to XBOX it would be interesting to get a WP7 phone. But so far the integration is kinda meh to me.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
I heard that Google were going to move Android onto a Meego Core
Yea? and I've heard that Apple is switching from iOS on the next iPhone to DOS 3.11...
No need for graphic accelerators anymore, just add "smartdrv.exe" to your autoexec.bat - Steve is re-inventing the retro phone.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Lol at the Zack Morris pic, but look at my entire post history please and see that I love Nokia and this community moreso than any other mobile hardware and os that has ever been out. All I say is this, do not be surprised when Nokia drops a win phone in the us smartphone market in the next year. I am not going to doubt my friend. Dont matter Im still rolling with MeeGo either way, but if I had to put money on it, Win on Nokia is gonna happen.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
do not be surprised when Nokia drops a win phone in the us smartphone market in the next year.
Even MS don't care about their home turf. winmo7 only does GSM at the moment.

I am not going to doubt my friend.
Not the imaginary kind I hope

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post

Not the imaginary kind I hope
Lol at that lame attempt at a snarky joke. Look at my post history bro, I have zero reason to fabricate.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
My daughters friend's dad's uncle works for a company who does work for a guy whose sisters friends husband knows someone who owns a papershop where a guy who cleans the toilets at nokia.......

come on!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadmalc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Lol at the Zack Morris pic, but look at my entire post history please and see that I love Nokia and this community moreso than any other mobile hardware and os that has ever been out. All I say is this, do not be surprised when Nokia drops a win phone in the us smartphone market in the next year. I am not going to doubt my friend. Dont matter Im still rolling with MeeGo either way, but if I had to put money on it, Win on Nokia is gonna happen.
maybe windows wants to get meego running and their "os" (read:customization) to win7 phones?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Lets be honst, Nokia are desparate to get back onto the world stage, if the board have given the guy permission then it just shows they are desparate. WP7 is being touted and more importantly being developed by someone else and Nokia are struggling to shift anything that catches the headlines like iphone and Android. They are also struggling with their own in house development and have been for a while. N8 was held back, Maemo is dead (From their point of view) Meego far from ready, their last few phones had serious issues and didn't sell, making bad headlines (N97 & mini) And Symbian 4 is where?

Everyone touts Meego as being their jesus OS, yet despite the people on this forum it hasn't survived the wild yet, it has survived a few techies and nerds, plenty of fanbois and little else. And it will have to have the same birth as Maemo, which means simple errors, badly thought out screens and miss most of the useful features for a few months.

So an American joins Nokia and he probably will be looking to shift more high end units. It is probably true he is thinking about it and it would make good business sense to discuss the options at least. But I also think Meego won't last the year because of the overheads of supporting a minority platform for as long as it takes to pick up support from Apple and Android developers. So short term WP7 will be the way forward as MS will do anything to get a high end phone maker on side because it has to claw back from Android.

Winmo was awful and bloated, but I prefer it for reliability and work because Maemo is pants. So maybe they want to push WP7 towards the business market, so they can grab land from RIM and blackberries and hope Meego can make gains into Android. Will be interesting to see.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Um, a phone based on Silverlight which requires minmum 1GHz to work is not bloated? WinMo was at least native.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
I hate to say I told you so, but...well I tried to tell you...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...154#post815154
Registered Linux user #266531.

Tags
just shoot me, masochistic