Active Topics

Originally Posted by JustCallMeJoe View Post
I wish I could thank you more. I tried to have a look at the original source code and it was way beyond me

EDIT: Just managed to get to the extras-dev repo. Great looking app! Just a question, would it possible to include an option for someone to enter in their own currency manually and to manually edit the exchange rate? Also, sorting the currency by country would be an awesome addition too

You've done an amazing job! I'll be giving a real world test in a couple of weeks.
Thanks.

Manual adding and editing... Hmm... I have to look into it. It might be feasible. Is there any specific currency you had in mind?

Yeah, the sorting is really strange now that I look at it. I just copied those directly from ECB in the same order. But the order doesn't make any sense. I'll try to fix that in the next release.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Or nice would be that the last known conversion rates will be stored and are available even if no internet connection is available. Otherwise the application would be useless offline.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
awesome app great work. just an idea. say your from germany and your on vacation in india and you want to buy a hat. app remembers your home location and uses geo locating to figure where you are. put in the price. saves alot of time on the on the conversion.

The Following User Says Thank You to kryptoniankid17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
Thanks.

Manual adding and editing... Hmm... I have to look into it. It might be feasible. Is there any specific currency you had in mind?

Yeah, the sorting is really strange now that I look at it. I just copied those directly from ECB in the same order. But the order doesn't make any sense. I'll try to fix that in the next release.
The currencies I'm after that I couldn't find in there were (I went to http://www.exchange-rates.org and had to dig a little more to find them too):

- KHR (Cambodian Riel)
- LAK (Laos Kip)
- VND (Vietnam Dong)

I guess the ability to add and edit your own currency rate would be handy if you are in a country with limited or no internet available (for example ^^^^^) and couldn't get online to get the exchange rate(s).

I do like how your application gets the exchange rates online

The Following User Says Thank You to JustCallMeJoe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Or nice would be that the last known conversion rates will be stored and are available even if no internet connection is available. Otherwise the application would be useless offline.
They are

Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
awesome app great work. just an idea. say your from germany and your on vacation in india and you want to buy a hat. app remembers your home location and uses geo locating to figure where you are. put in the price. saves alot of time on the on the conversion.
What it does now, it rembers your last settings, so you only woul need to set it once. However, I do agree that using the geo location would be cool. I just don't know how to implement it... yet. Maybe in some future versions, I could try to add it.

Originally Posted by JustCallMeJoe View Post
The currencies I'm after that I couldn't find in there were (I went to http://www.exchange-rates.org and had to dig a little more to find them too):

- KHR (Cambodian Riel)
- LAK (Laos Kip)
- VND (Vietnam Dong)

I guess the ability to add and edit your own currency rate would be handy if you are in a country with limited or no internet available (for example ^^^^^) and couldn't get online to get the exchange rate(s).

I do like how your application gets the exchange rates online
The ability to manually edit existing currency rates, is fairly simple to add. But adding manually new currencies is a bit more tricky. Still, it is doabl e. I will look into it.

That would be great!

I just uploaded to Extras-devel a new version (3.1) with the ability to add and edit currencies. I had to do some major changes to my code, in order to make it work. I hope the result is worth it. If nothing else, I did learn many new things of Qt.

Sasler, I've downloaded the latest version and its great! The currencies (including new ones that I've added manually) are now sorted nicely and the scrolling through of currencies only happens vertically without side scrolling. (See people like me do appreciate and notice your work).

I've noticed that when you add a new currency you have to do it via the Euro to other currency (which isn't a problem at all and only took a couple of seconds for me to figure out). Also, the date that it shows when you start it is the last exchange rate update I am assuming.

I don't know what else to ask for in such an application.

You've done an awesome job!
Thanks!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to JustCallMeJoe For This Useful Post: