Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I'm not the supreme authority here, but this is my take on your question.

If you're talking about apps or widgets you'd like to have that are of a religious nature, that's perfectly fine and on-topic here at all times.

If you're attempting to spark a religious debate and want to argue about whose god is #1 or convert people over to your own, that's frowned upon.

Reggie and co. are reasonable people, so don't worry too much about the hammer coming down over casual stuff like "god bless you".
Thank you an actual answer. And im not relegious at all. Just trying to be clear on the subject. I was speaking to a friend of mine that happens too be a minister and i convinced him to put down the iphone and get the n900. So i wanted to be clear on how he should aproach on asking about relegious apps.

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by Ghule View Post
The only thing I have seen is God got banned when he Hack the forums, but it was for just 10 days. So he is back now.
God got banned for raising hell.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
Thank you an actual answer. And im not relegious at all. Just trying to be clear on the subject. I was speaking to a friend of mine that happens too be a minister and i convinced him to put down the iphone and get the n900. So i wanted to be clear on how he should aproach on asking about relegious apps.
You can point your friend to this thread as this centers on what he/she is probably looking for:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31114

The first post in the thread contains a link to the most recent information; yet reading the entire thing puts the subject of religious apps in the proper context for this forum.

There are a few ministers here, and a few others who minister; putting a question out there shouldn't be a problem; but it will be moderated if it gets out of hand.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
You can point your friend to this thread as this centers on what he/she is probably looking for:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31114

The first post in the thread contains a link to the most recent information; yet reading the entire thing puts the subject of religious apps in the proper context for this forum.

There are a few ministers here, and a few others who minister; putting a question out there shouldn't be a problem; but it will be moderated if it gets out of hand.
Thanks. I just think people should read into a question before they get so emotional.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Tell your friend he won't be alone by any means... just as long as he doesn't see Maemo.org as an evangelical opportunity. We have plenty going on about religious apps (I believe there's a request in for a Koran, as well as a Bible). No-one minds how you use your n900 as long as you're respectful of difference.

Tags
god = satan