Hey all,

I've got the boot menu installed and I've been looking at alternate OSes for my n800... but I don't want to give up my original install on the system itself.

Given the rootfs and zimage images for poky linux - is there a way to install them on my SD card?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
Have you gotten poky to work on the internal flash even? I tried it and it wasn't usable. After hacking around on it, I finally got to the point where I could get it to startup, but never had any luck with the touchscreen, which means you can't get far, because the first thing it seems to want you to do is calibrate the screen.

As an aside, I don't know if it would work on a SD because it uses it's own kernel...so, you could set it up like NITDroid, but you'd have to keep flashing a new kernel everytime you wanted to switch between Maemo and Poky. They're working on a solution to this, but AFAIK, it's not ready yet.

poky runs great as I recall, except there is some secret to getting the wireless to work that I was never able to figure out.