Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
\0/ Thank you: everything work perfectly. I will also say that with the integration of Mapnik and Valhalla, it looks same that "Here Map" or others.

I also want to add that some is missing in PoorMap ,when i search a POI PoorMap has give first result according to the location a gps, will usefull.
Well, intension is to make it as good as any, if not better.

Re POI search: I added POI search support to the geocoder-nlp and it will be available with the next release update (0.11.x).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Re POI search: I added POI search support to the geocoder-nlp and it will be available with the next release update (0.11.x).
Tnk , but add POI search support to the geocoder-nlp only resolve POI the case sensitive right? then i am talk about ,that if i search something(POI) the first results of the search would have to be according to the GPS location in PoorMap. Modrana is already Implemented this features. I think this feature corresponds to PoorMap project because is responsible for handling the GPS, not the server i guess. Note: I'm talking about PooMaps and ModRana because somehow are related to this thread indirectly . . .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Tnk , but add POI search support to the geocoder-nlp only resolve POI the case sensitive right? then i am talk about ,that if i search something(POI) the first results of the search would have to be according to the GPS location in PoorMap. Modrana is already Implemented this features. I think this feature corresponds to PoorMap project because is responsible for handling the GPS, not the server i guess. Note: I'm talking about PooMaps and ModRana because somehow are related to this thread indirectly . . .
Poor Maps does support it. You go to main menu, select "Nearby" and then search next to your location. Note that while you are searching for "type", its actually looking for names as well in online backends, if I understand it correctly. Starting from 0.11.x, the same will be for OSM Scout Server.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I am planning to push soon for a next update. Since it would change the database format for the geocoder, the service could be disturbed for 1-2 days after the maps hit the data.modrana.org server. If you need the maps working within this period, please ensure that you have them on device.

I am planning to start pushing new update later today, unless anything else comes out during final testing.

Edit: Please do not download maps right now, until 0.11.x release. I have to re-upload Valhalla's tiles due to a mistake in import and that may take some time. Right now, due to Valhalla's packages inconsistency, the downloading could result in a forever loop.

Last edited by rinigus; 2017-06-25 at 07:08.

New release - 0.11.1 - is out together with the corresponding maps update.

The main changes are "under the hood". Geocoder-NLP has now support for reverse geocoding (rather primitive-but-works approach for simple searches). This required database format adjustments, so only compatible database can be used (available on data.modrana.org). As a result, Guide/Nearby search should work with this geocoder and you don't have to rely on libosmscout for that. Note that while you are looking for "type", it searches also "name" record in the database with all libpostal goodness.

An important change was adaptation of Valhalla's router request API to get routes by libosmscout. As a result, the map clients can have just one routing provider corresponding to OSM Scout Server and send requests / process replies via single code. For users, it means that they just need to specify routing engine in the server and the client will figure it out. Upcoming Poor Maps (0.30.x) would have support for that. With modRana, we would have to implement Valhalla's API first and then join the current OSM Scout Server processing with the new one.

Few changes were introduced to help users to avoid situations that could lead to excessive RAM use. I would like to thank here @a-dekker for help!

Valhalla's limits for maximal distance between target and origin were reduced from defaults for walking and cycling. These limits can be adjusted under Settings/Valhalla. Note that as a result of these changes, Router module 2.2.8 requires the server 0.11.x or later.

In addition, if you have not selected languages for parsing by Geocoder-NLP, you will be warned about it on the main screen.

The start of the server has been changed with the delayed Mapnik processing. It should start faster, but the required processing will delay your first rendered tile. This change is required for supporting day/night styles as well as other styles suggested by @Thra11 (issue https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/150).

Translators have been really fast and I would like to thank them all! Some strings may have not made it into this release, but we can make a new one as soon as more translations will be finished.

Special thanks and attached screenshot for our own Valhalla's translator - @eson! With the upcoming 0.30 Poor Maps localized Valhalla routes have been requested and you should be able to use your translation as well.

For those who cannot wait and have Linux desktop - Poor Maps (and probably modRana) are really easy to package yourself. Just clone the source and run "make rpm". You may require rpm, but it should be available on non-rpm distros as well (running on Gentoo without problems).
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
@rinigus I made a fresh start with last release and found the text shown below, untranslated.

Btw... Swedish translation's looking good on your screen. Looking forward to try it out.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
@rinigus I made a fresh start with last release and found the text shown below, untranslated.

Btw... Swedish translation's looking good on your screen. Looking forward to try it out.
It looks like this string is untranslated (just English version copied over to the Swedish one). It was introduced at commit https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-...t-server-sv.ts and I can see the same for String 344 in transifex.

Don't know if its some bug that I introduced or it came from transifex...

OK, fixed it at Transifex, along with some minor adjustments.
It might even be my own mistake, although it is not very likely.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
An important change was adaptation of Valhalla's router request API to get routes by libosmscout. As a result, the map clients can have just one routing provider corresponding to OSM Scout Server and send requests / process replies via single code. For users, it means that they just need to specify routing engine in the server and the client will figure it out. Upcoming Poor Maps (0.30.x) would have support for that.
Poor Maps 0.30 is out now.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post
Poor Maps 0.30 is out now.
Works fine with OSM Scout Server/Valhalla, so far. Thanks!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles