Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Just install Aliendalvik Superuser from Warehouse.
Inside Superuser app go to preferences - Multi-User Mode and set it to -User-controlled-. Also set 'Automatic Response' to -allow- and you are set.
Remove it afterwards if you want.
Does anyone know how to do this on Aquafish? Coderus' notes explicitly that Aliendalvik Superuser only works on Jolla 1.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Sweden
In the end, I had to reset the device. I skipped the restore of the backup and restored the accounts and files manually. A lot of wasted time but at least the android layer now works at 100%...
Thanks everyone for the help.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Such a shame you had to resort to factory resetting your device because of a bloody android app.
I found the easy fix as I was faced with the same problem out of the blue, no contacts seen by whatsapp which I have to point out happens also quite often on android devices, the problem was with dalvik as a whole since even Facebook lite had no access to my contacts.
As I said, I found the ridiculously simple fix.
1. Go to android support in Settings
2. Un-tick "allow android apps to access my contacts"
3. Restart android support
4. Tick "allow android apps to access my contacts"
5. Voila!
Launch Whatsapp and refresh your contact list... But you have to be patient as it will take a bit of time to get contact list ready. Worked perfectly well for me, and I hope it saves factory reset for a lot of folks, as I hate the idea o resetting my device, to much stuffs involved

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by dameceno View Post
Such a shame you had to resort to factory resetting your device because of a bloody android app.
I found the easy fix as I was faced with the same problem out of the blue, no contacts seen by whatsapp which I have to point out happens also quite often on android devices, the problem was with dalvik as a whole since even Facebook lite had no access to my contacts.
As I said, I found the ridiculously simple fix.
1. Go to android support in Settings
2. Un-tick "allow android apps to access my contacts"
3. Restart android support
4. Tick "allow android apps to access my contacts"
5. Voila!
Launch Whatsapp and refresh your contact list... But you have to be patient as it will take a bit of time to get contact list ready. Worked perfectly well for me, and I hope it saves factory reset for a lot of folks, as I hate the idea o resetting my device, to much stuffs involved
Thanks, that was one of the first things I tried, unfortunately without success. Well, I did reset the phone and all has been smooth ever since.
I later received a reply from the Jolla helpdesk detailing how to check the logs pertaining the Alien dalvik to Sailfish syncing. I'm pasting the steps to the benefit of the others reading this discussion, since it might be of benefit:

Hello,

With the Logcat binary it goes easily to collect Android logs from the system:
Connect to either WLAN or mobile internet, then open Settings app and go to the Developer mode page

In the Developer mode page enable Developer mode

Enable Remote connection in the Developer mode page, type in some password and tap on Save

From the app drawer open the newly installed Terminal app

Launch Logcat with the following command: /opt/alien/system/bin/logcat

The events in the Android system will be printed to the screen. The command runs until you stop it with <ctrl>C

Use the command below to direct them to a file: /opt/alien/system/bin/logcat > /home/nemo/android.log