Active Topics

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Jolla will automount it to /media/sdcard/{UUID}
Well juiceme that is the thing, with my fat filesystem 32 GB SDcard it is mounted automatically but with this card it isn't, more over its uuid folder is missing from /media/sdcard so I need a way to force the system to mount it as well

Can't beleive the android storage was successfully mounted on the sdxc but got lost after a home screen refresh, now even two reboots, the restarting of both custom services, nothing seems to get it mounted again. This is really tasking and just can't seem to figure it out. Another issue is the sdxc not being mounted as sdcard as /media/sdcard/UUID is missing from the df -h output, can you guys give me suggestions on how to add this last entry and have a 100 % success here? I am already truly grateful for getting me thus far

A little clarification, when I shutdown my jolla and put my fat32 32GB sdcard it gets mounted as the sdcard, while this ext4 128GB doesn't ad its UUID folder isn't found under /media/sdcard . Can't recall the command to check UUID I ran and its was shown clearifying the concern that there might be an issue there. I need this sdcard option mostly for my backups, thanks in advance guys

Last edited by dameceno; 2016-03-02 at 03:47.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by dameceno View Post
Jolla will automount it to /media/sdcard/{UUID}
Well juiceme that is the thing, with my fat filesystem 32 GB SDcard it is mounted automatically but with this card it isn't, more over its uuid folder is missing from /media/sdcard so I need a way to force the system to mount it as well
OK, then there's something else. You coud try creating the directory there manually, maybe it would then be mounted?
You can find out the partition UUID's by command "blkid"
Then just do (as root) mkdir "/media/sdcard/your_UUID"

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
OK, then there's something else. You coud try creating the directory there manually, maybe it would then be mounted?
You can find out the partition UUID's by command "blkid"
Then just do (as root) mkdir "/media/sdcard/your_UUID"
Thanks as I could mount it manually following your instructions, but it now has a permissions issue...

Command mount | grep media starting...
/dev/mmcblk1p1 on /data/media type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/mmcblk0p28 on /opt/alien/media type btrfs (rw,noatime,ssd,noacl,space_cache,autodefrag)
/dev/mmcblk1p1 on /media/sdcard/59b2d962-d3dd-4dab-8626-f14cf8d68137 type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
Program returned exit code 0

Am out of wits on how to fix it... filecase or filetug need to be started as root to be able to read or write on it... How do I fix it?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks as I could mount it manually following your instructions, but it now has a permissions issue...
do "chown -R nemo.nemo /media/sdcard/{UUID}" as root.

do "chown -R nemo.nemo /media/sdcard/{UUID}" as root.
Will do that when at home later on, I have to point out that the mount doesn't survive a reboot as jolla still doesn't automatically mount it, is there a way around that? I am thinking on reformating the card, but that might be a setback avoidable with a workaround. in the steps on how to partition my sdcard you mentioned a step where I had to mount the card after formatting it with mkfs.ext4 what command would have been used to mount it?
Will mount -t /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/sdcard/UUID do the trick, Thanks again for all your assistance without which my panic levels would have been up the roof by now.

The Following User Says Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post:
Will do that when at home later on, I have to point out that the mount doesn't survive a reboot as jolla still doesn't automatically mount it, is there a way around that?
Jolla should (and it not only should, it sure does) automount the card if set up correctly.
Without seeing any logs I cannot have a guess why your system does not automount

One way to force it to automount is to set an entry to /etc/fstab for it. However it should also work without. No idea why it does not work for you.

I am thinking on reformating the card, but that might be a setback avoidable with a workaround. in the steps on how to partition my sdcard you mentioned a step where I had to mount the card after formatting it with mkfs.ext4 what command would have been used to mount it?
Will mount -t /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/sdcard/UUID do the trick, Thanks again for all your assistance without which my panic levels would have been up the roof by now.
No difference, and no reason to repartition/remount it.

One thing comes to mind, I do not remember if you had another (smaller)SD card? if so, does that automount correctly?
If you have, and it does, you could take logs from each case and compare those for differences.

Jolla should (and it not only should, it sure does) automount the card if set up correctly.
Without seeing any logs I cannot have a guess why your system does not automount

One way to force it to automount is to set an entry to /etc/fstab for it. However it should also work without. No idea why it does not work for you.

No difference, and no reason to repartition/remount it.

One thing comes to mind, I do not remember if you had another (smaller)SD card? if so, does that automount correctly?
If you have, and it does, you could take logs from each case and compare those for differences.

All these efforts from you just makes my gratefulness know no boundaries, thanks man.
Actually, nothing is wrong with the system, and all these issues, you probably won't notice them because they occur mostly when the steps are successfully carried out.
Firtstly, when I delete all 4 custom files being both services and shells, and revert the changes the sdcard is automatically mounted on boot so the custom mount point on /mnt/sd for /dev/mmcblk1p1 has to be what hinders the sdcard from being mounted, and thus a force mount requiered which still doesn't survive a reboot.
Secondly as I got it working well for both home and android mounted on the sdcard, I noticed it affects ambiences which are no longer active or selectable, moreover the event screen comes up blank on every reboot, even if the notifications are still unread. Of course reverting the changes rectifies it all.
So I want to give it a clean try again starting from formatting the sdcard till creating the custom mounts and services, as when I got it working the first time didn't have these issues. One more thing, now MTP doesn't work at all when the mounts and services are running, reverting the changes solves it.
I still bemoan the fact that Leinad, Meemorph and the other guys that have it running are not here to help out. I do hope after all the pains, I would be even better positioned to assist the next newbie.

The Following User Says Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
yes, i had the same thought, but could not notice any difference in speed the last day, using it.

This is, what df -h now puts out with my configuration:
Code:
[nemo@localhost ~]$ df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs                 14G  4.1G  9.2G  31% /
/dev/mmcblk0p28        14G  4.1G  9.2G  31% /
devtmpfs              406M   64K  406M   1% /dev
tmpfs                 407M  268K  406M   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 407M   23M  384M   6% /run
tmpfs                 407M     0  407M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                 407M   24K  407M   1% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p25       8.0M  4.2M  3.8M  54% /persist
/dev/mmcblk0p19       8.0M  4.1M  3.9M  52% /drm
/dev/mmcblk0p18        64M   45M   20M  70% /firmware
/dev/mmcblk0p28        14G  4.1G  9.2G  31% /swap
/dev/mmcblk0p28        14G  4.1G  9.2G  31% /home
/dev/mmcblk0p9         48M  7.5M   40M  16% /var/systemlog
/dev/mmcblk1p1         60G  2.6G   54G   5% /mnt/sdcard2
/dev/mmcblk1p1         60G  2.6G   54G   5% /home/nemo
/dev/mmcblk1p1         60G  2.6G   54G   5% /data/sdcard
tmpfs                 407M     0  407M   0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs                 407M     0  407M   0% /mnt/obb
/dev/mmcblk1p1         60G  2.6G   54G   5% /run/user/100000/media/sdcard
/dev/mmcblk1p1         60G  2.6G   54G   5% /home/nemo
/dev/mmcblk1p1         60G  2.6G   54G   5% /data/sdcard
before encouraging other people to use it this way, i really would like to hear the opinion of at least one, who is more expert than me

edit: i don't understand, why /home/nemo and /data/sdcard are listed 2 times for example...
Juiceme as you can see, Leinard df -h from the second page of this thread shows the sdcard being mounted alongside the home and android mount points, although this is from a distant past as the /run/100xx suggests, can someone else using this share if their df -h is without issues and if these latest complaints of mine still persist?

Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
mount-sd.sh was overwritten by the update, so obviously you need to add the lines to mount your folders again (step 6 of first post)...

but the really bad part after the update is:
at first look, it seems that mount-sd.sh is now called for the first time later than before (now after the "ambiance-stuff"), which is really totally annoying.

the only workaround, i have for now:
copy the ambiance to the "traditional home-folder" (not on sdcard), so it can be accessed at bootup.

i hope, i or someone else finds a better solution (or this will be gone with the next update).
This should be the issue with the ambiences I noticed...
Too bad not a lot of efforts seem to be poured into this thread which I think is totally awesome.