Notices

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by 247 View Post
you need to enter in a filemanager and delete the cepiperez folder which is inside the config folder...this will solve your issue
Thanks man, did that already some days back, the problem was really that folder and the backups I had there for filecase as well, to be sure had to do a clean start which meant deleting all backups.
Thanks again for the tip

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by PatsJolla View Post
Strange behaviour in the last days with Whatsup:
Do you also have the effect that the app gets constantly killed by the memory management?
For me the app gets restarted constantly when I click it and the phone was lying around for several minutes. Even if I have no other app opened it seems that the app has a memory hole which triggers the memory management to kill the process and leave me with the "zombie cover". Is this maybe a side effect of the Whatsapp server issues reported the last days or is it sth else?

I have restarted the phone already many times but it doesn't go away, unfortunately I can't identify what is eating the ram or whatever triggers the killing of the process. Anybody else with this experience?
Used to have a lot of that happening before I reset my device. My bet is because your chat history is somewhat voluminous as a result of long activity. I clean start would certainly do the trick. Not the reset part but removing your backups db and even whatsup folder. Actually it includes uninstalling whatsup, deleting the .whatsup folder under home as well as the whatsup folder and the cepiperez folder located under /nemo/home/.conf

The Following User Says Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Spain
Thanks for awesome work.
i have a little question
if filecase can play voice messages.... opus,...aac...etc, wihout any extra lib,codec, why whatsup need install ultimatecodec... to play them?

Personally, I do not know anyone already reported. For some time over here some messages received by the groups are not reaching.
I think that has to do with that same problem that would not let get direct messages.

Sera that is to solve?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Finland
I have all the sudden started to receive messages again from IPhone and Windows phone. Is this the situation with everyone?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Europe
Originally Posted by dameceno View Post
Used to have a lot of that happening before I reset my device. My bet is because your chat history is somewhat voluminous as a result of long activity. I clean start would certainly do the trick. Not the reset part but removing your backups db and even whatsup folder. Actually it includes uninstalling whatsup, deleting the .whatsup folder under home as well as the whatsup folder and the cepiperez folder located under /nemo/home/.conf
Thanks for the tips. I tried and could feel that it became a bit better, but that was not the root of my problems. I found out that my mail-app was causing this behaviour. I deleted my main account and tried to readd it as if it was new. This fixed everything. Seems like my mail account has too many MBs and the phone needed too much time for synching which was eating the ram. I deleted many old mails and now it works as I know it.

Originally Posted by Japsi View Post
I have all the sudden started to receive messages again from IPhone and Windows phone. Is this the situation with everyone?
Not the same for Whatsup in Meego Harmattan, any solutions for N9 user?

Hello,

As of yesterday, I can no longer send/receive one to one messages (could not process group chats for a few months already). Is there any hope of updating Whatsup, i.e., implementing the client to client encryption, which seems the limiting factor here?

Or has it all become too tedious/complicated and I should look for another alternative?

Originally Posted by meow View Post
Hello,

As of yesterday, I can no longer send/receive one to one messages (could not process group chats for a few months already). Is there any hope of updating Whatsup, i.e., implementing the client to client encryption, which seems the limiting factor here?

Or has it all become too tedious/complicated and I should look for another alternative?
I don't get any messages since yesterday too. My whatsup connects, but later it stays in "Error" connection state.

That is what I have in logs:

Code:
Checking processes... not working
Socket error: Connection closed by server.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Retry the connection in 10 seconds.
Connection status: disconnected
Disconnection done
Starting new connection
Checking if already connecting
Checking active network
Connection status: connecting
Connecting to c2.whatsapp.net:443...
Connection status: connecting
Connected successfully
Unencoded Password: ElmTm0QlulriMNHtv6QuyBkGKBU=
Base64 Password: Y��D%�Z�0��.�(
Challenge: 9a16ab331bce9344ad480f6a12dcb196dc92a925
OUTGOING:
<stream:features>
<groups_v2>
</groups_v2>
<identity>
</identity>
<presence>
</presence>
<privacy>
</privacy>
<readreceipts>
</readreceipts>
</stream:features>

OUTGOING:
<auth mechanism="WAUTH-2" passive="false" user="77017340235">
   <<<ENCODED DATA>>>
</auth>

Reading data...
INCOMING:
<stream:start from="s.whatsapp.net">
</stream:start>

Reading data...
INCOMING:
<stream:features>
</stream:features>

Reading data...
INCOMING:
<success creation="1338382870" expiration="4444444444" kind="free" props="4" status="active" t="1458798621">
   <<<ENCODED DATA>>>
</success>

OUTGOING:
<iq id="config_1" to="s.whatsapp.net" type="set" xmlns="urn:xmpp:whatsapp:push">
<config platform="S40" version="2.12.96">
</config>
</iq>

Connection status: connected

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2012 @ kenya
mine too...guess its finally done now.

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup