Notices

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
great update !!!

e: evo seems to open much quicker

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-04-20 at 23:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Independent vkb would be nice
why?what are the difference?!?

Donate link

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
why?what are the difference?!?
For example I haven't used the fastsms even once, so it would be nice, if the vkb was independent. Anyway it doesn't bother, if you remove the .desktop file

Here seems to be bug:

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-04-20 at 23:50.

you use fastsms every time you use the vkb...this is the exactly the same program with some graphics elements hidden...nothing more,nothing less
if your problem is the icon you can delete the .desktop file I think, however vkb cant be indipendent from fastsms because fastsms IS the vkb!

Donate link

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
you use fastsms every time you use the vkb...this is the exactly the same program with some graphics elements hidden...nothing more,nothing less
if your problem is the icon you can delete the .desktop file I think, however vkb cant be indipendent from fastsms because fastsms IS the vkb!
I meant the sms application.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
For example I haven't used the fastsms even once, so it would be nice, if the vkb was independent. Anyway it doesn't bother, if you remove the .desktop file

Here seems to be bug:
What's that vkb?

I meant the sms application.
me too! this is exactly the same thing
ps thank you for your bug report!

Donate link

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
You should have add the keyboard support inside the description area of the application.
Also is there a way to add other language dictionary into it? Like what sort of format and file system do you need. I'll help implementing it. I got a Cambodian-cambodian dictionary and it is not thin. It probably more than 100000 words. Would be nice to add it into the text file or something.

@realsportscar
Would it be possible that let's say we change the option to disable dictionary mode the settings will still be disabled even if we close and open back fastSMS evo? Well my local dialect is not supported in fastSMS so it's really a hassle disabling dictionary mode everytime. Maybe saving it to gconf?

i found a few bugs i pretty sure u should know em
-it shows passwords
-after restart it takes time to load sometimes load even when windows closed.
-forced rotation works, but how potrait keyboard is presented its random. sometimes take the whole screen, others just half of it.
features that would be nice
-u can't edit backwards, u have to delete a succesion of letter to get u missing.
-copy/paste
i went back to the default maemo for a bit, liking how fast it open even if i have to click a tiny buttom to enable numbers x.x

Last edited by jo21; 2011-04-21 at 03:40.

Tags
keyboard, portrait, wikkid