Active Topics

Notices

ive posted a deb on my openrepos with these two features {tklock and dbus}, in case anyone wants to help catch bugs early, before official release.

{it would be nice if someone could see if this installs on non-open-mode devices with the line "aegis-installing billboard (DBus system 'io.thp.billboard' configuration)"}

https://openrepos.net/content/teleshoes/billboard

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
EDIT: 2.0.1b uses the DBUS session bus like it should, fixing the below problem. the problem is also fixed in the pending PR so an official release will have it.

whoops, it seems that the dbus feature depends on this:
Code:
root@wolke-n9:~$ cat /etc/dbus-1/system-local.conf 
<busconfig>
  <policy context="default">
    <!-- Allow everything to be sent -->
    <allow send_destination="*" eavesdrop="true"/>
    <!-- Allow everything to be received -->
    <allow eavesdrop="true"/>
    <!-- Allow anyone to own anything -->
    <allow own="*"/>
    <!-- XXX: Allow all users to connect -->
    <allow user="*"/>
  </policy>
</busconfig>

Last edited by wolke; 2015-03-18 at 23:38.

Originally Posted by wolke View Post

{it would be nice if someone could see if this installs on non-open-mode devices with the line "aegis-installing billboard (DBus system 'io.thp.billboard' configuration)"}

https://openrepos.net/content/teleshoes/billboard
Confirmed using 2.0.1b

The Following User Says Thank You to lfc22 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
Confirmed using 2.0.1b
Oh, about version naming - can we name non-upstream releases something like (upstream version) "+" (branch / version)?

E.g. in this case, something like "2.0.0+wolke0" (then next build can be "2.0.0+wolke1", ..). Or alternatively, branch-specific naming ("2.0.0+tklock0", "2.0.0+tklock1", ...).

Otherwise, users who have installed "2.0.1b" will have a problem upgrading to the upstream "2.0.1" version when it comes out. Also, it makes troubleshooting easier when users come to upstream to complain about "2.0.1b" that upstream didn't actually release.

If you really go with "2.0.1" (which I strongly recommend against), use "~" + some identifier, so that the real "2.0.1" will always be "newer" than those branched builds (e.g. "2.0.1~wolke0" or "2.0.1~tklock0").

See also: Debian Policy Manual

" One common use of ~ is for upstream pre-releases. For example, 1.0~beta1~svn1245 sorts earlier than 1.0~beta1, which sorts earlier than 1.0. " (https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-po...notes.html#f37)

To make it even easier for users to try out branches, use (current upstream release) + tilde, this way they can always revert the experimental changes by "upgrading" to the current upstream release (e.g. "2.0.0~wolke0" upgrades to "2.0.0").

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
yea, that was careless on my part, sorry. the new version is 2.0.0+teleshoes0

to anyone who installed 2.0.1a or 2.0.1b from my openrepos, please update the package list, remove the package, and reinstall.

Code:
devel-su
apt-get update && apt-get purge billboard && apt-get install billboard
EDIT: whoops, i typoed the new package name. fixed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Is there a way that the output of the {profile} tag comes up in German, i.e. instead of "general", "meeting" and "silent" it should show "Klingelton", "Einzelton" and "Lautlos".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jw243 View Post
Is there a way that the output of the {profile} tag comes up in German, i.e. instead of "general", "meeting" and "silent" it should show "Klingelton", "Einzelton" and "Lautlos".
You'd probably have to pipe it through a command and let the command "translate" the string, something like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
    general)
        echo "Klingelton"
        ;;
    meeting)
        echo "Einzelton"
        ;;
    silent)
        echo "Lautlos"
        ;;
    *)
        echo "???"
        ;;
esac
Assuming you save that as e.g. /home/user/MyDocs/ringer-status.sh you can then use the following code in Billboard:

Code:
{script:sh /home/user/MyDocs/ringer-status.sh {profile}}
(untested, but that should work)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
I've been using Billboard on my Nokia N9 for a long time. It is great to be able to see all that info on the stand by screen.
I have just bought a second hand Nokia Lumia 1020 because of its camera. It also has an AMOLED screen with a clock shown on the standby screen similar to the N9.
Is there any plan to port Billboard to the Windows Mobile platform so that it could be used on the newer phones like the 1020?
Thanks

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Much better if we can Harmattan install on Lumia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
I am not sure I understand the term "Harmattan install on Lumia ".
I am assuming that it means to be able to install the current program on the Lumia.
However, I don't know how this could be since the Harmattan is a Linux based system and Lumia is a Windows system.