Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
For reasons to long to explain, I updated again to version 1.4.0-1+0m7. Unsurprisingly, the problem still exists...

The good news is, after messing around again trying to figure out the disappearing feed problem again, i found a workaround!
It is weird, I don't know why it works, and I don't know if it could cause any damages that I am not thinking of...

Simply re-installing the "facebookqml" and "facebook-meego" packages fixes the problem!...for a little while...

Each time i reinstall BOTH packages (I have tried only installing one, but neither by themselves fixed the problem), I get anywhere from 20-36 hours of perfectly normal acting Facebook feed on my event screen.

Though it seems cumbersome and annoying, with a daily rule in ProfileMatic, I re-install both packages from debs every morning before my alarm goes off. We are three days strong, and no Facebook errors or other issues resulting from this.

I used this website to download the debs.

I used this custom action in ProfileMatic:
Code:
sh -c "echo rootme | devel-su -c 'dpkg -i /path/to/file/facebookqml_1.4.0-1+0m7_armel.deb /path/to/file/facebook-meego_1.4.0-1+0m7_armel.deb'"
I hope this helps someone else. A bit too much work for such a silly problem, but I feel better.

Last edited by imaginaryenemy; 2014-06-12 at 18:37. Reason: Typo...

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
This sounds to me like a problem with Buteo Sync FW. When you install the packages, the configs will be created and the Buteo Sync FW daemon will load them. The scheduling works for a while, then fails. Rinse and repeat.

I've had similar problems with Buteo Sync FW myself, which is why I don't use it for cuteTube or MusiKloud.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
This sounds to me like a problem with Buteo Sync FW. When you install the packages, the configs will be created and the Buteo Sync FW daemon will load them. The scheduling works for a while, then fails. Rinse and repeat.

I've had similar problems with Buteo Sync FW myself, which is why I don't use it for cuteTube or MusiKloud.
It is at least nice to know that there might be a logical reason for this strange fix to work.

Last edited by imaginaryenemy; 2014-06-06 at 21:50.