Hi all. Not sure why but suddenly I stoped having sound after rebooting. Usually I can get it back if I go to terminal and start pulseaudio or killall hildon-desktop, but it is of course annoying to do this after each boot... Anyone has any tips or ideas? Any help is welcome. Cheers, J

Had the same problem recently. I did a backup and reflashed. solved it for me. Got a feeling the root filesystem vas broken.

Well... Reflashing is always the ultimate solution. Would like to think that there are other things I can try before resorting to it... ...but thank you for the input. Any other ideas, anyone?

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Try installing pulse audio again..search the forums..
maybe
apt-get reinstall pulseaudio

Tried to reinstall pulseaudio and also hildon-desktop - no go. Still not coming up after rebooting

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post
Hi all. Not sure why but suddenly I stoped having sound after rebooting. Usually I can get it back if I go to terminal and start pulseaudio or killall hildon-desktop, but it is of course annoying to do this after each boot... Anyone has any tips or ideas? Any help is welcome. Cheers, J
Hi,

Just a question, have you tried this modifications before the problem come : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=boost
I have same problem of pulseaudio not running after applying these modifications and rebooting (until rebooting all goes well) ...

A++

Hi Colin,

No, walked away from those ones because they seemed suspicious to me.
It was working and suddenly started doing this - there must have been some package that was upgraded and that broke it but now how to tell which one?

Cheers,
J

A small bump up to see if there is anybody out there with an answer.

well..
Before reflashing i found that removing the battery a minute and then restarting occasionaly loaded the sound devicedriver.
possibly in combination with the removal of the sd card.
But i never found any clues to what caused the problem.

/N

The Following User Says Thank You to bitwit For This Useful Post: