Active Topics

Poll: How was Nokia Customer Service
Poll Options
How was Nokia Customer Service

I have two N800s. The memory card that worked fine in one, would not work in the other.

Incidentally, the freezer trick worked. I placed the device into plastic ziplock bag for 5 minutes. I got it to boot. Then I installed diablo and all is fine.

They sent out an N800 with the 2007 OS, with the documented will not wake up problem that has been posted so many times on this forum. The freezer trick was also how those people got the device to revive. (it didn't matter if I stuck a perfectly charged battery from my other N800 into it, it would not turn on without going into the freezer!)

I think this poll is meaningless as it stands because Nokia customer service seems to vary wildly depending on where you are in the world. Here in Europe it's generally been very good, at least in my experience.

Most of the problems seem to be in the USA, and I've heard other companies' customer service is worst there too. Maybe the poll question should mention the US?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
...That sounds like the sort of last ditch thing you do to an out of warranty screwed up harddrive with stuck heads, certainly not anything I would consider attempting with a tablet....
Put in a refrigerator is a 'proposed' temporizing treatment for the 'famous' power on problem of a N800. That is the way, the only way, I can get my N800 to upgrade to 2.2007.51-3 and, once for all, fixed the power on problem. It sounds like I am telling something like world war 2, in fact it was a only a few months back.

bun

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Lee's Summit, MO, USA
Ahahahahah, for IPSO....yes. I used to work support for their largest reseller in the US. We knew more than the support team did. It was actually funny as hell. But to give them some credit, the only time we would call them was with outright flaws in the OS that eventually made way to engineering.

I had two N800s from CompUSA and both had to go back to Nokia for problems right out of the box. The first time went smoothly. The 2nd time was like an idiot parade. They kept sending a broken device back.

I think that the support people tried to be helpful, but their repair contractors were terrible.

On the other hand, I think that Nokia's marketing department is terrible.
I am reminded of this post on thebestpageintheuniverse.com that really digs into Nokia's marketing department http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone (warning: foul language)! However, it's all true!!!

Last edited by TabulaRasa; 2008-07-22 at 14:33.

Maddox rulez

That is all
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!