Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Why are Android and iOS devices able to develop with far more leading edge hardware within their development cycles?
N9 is the first device running on new OS so it got nothing to do with any hw cycle. Symbian in a other hand has crap long development cycle just by looking at the leaks, release time difference and what Nokia workers have been telling on the amazing internets.

WP being perfect example if it there will be 2-3 Windows Phones released by the end of this year.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Why are Android and iOS devices able to develop with far more leading edge hardware within their development cycles? Apple even works on their own whole OS during that same cycle. Android has an open-source community helping (actually helping!) the development in addition to the community of handset manufacturers within that same development cycle, too.

How does Nokia square that with also having an open-source community built around Maemo who WANT to help develop during the development cycle so that they can concentrate on building better hardware?
yeah and the AndroidOS is optimized for the new hardware? NOT

Even if N9 hw is old I am 100 percet sure it is faster(more optimized and tested) than many new devices with Android even dualcores.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
N9 is the first device running on new OS so it got nothing to do with any hw cycle. Symbian in a other hand has crap long development cycle just by looking at the leaks, release time difference and what Nokia workers have been telling on the amazing internets.

WP being perfect example if it there will be 2-3 Windows Phones released by the end of this year.
It's not running a new OS, any more than Gingerbread phones and Honeycomb tablets are running a whole new OS.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

Even if N9 hw is old I am 100 percet sure it is faster(more optimized and tested) than many new devices with Android even dualcores.
Linux and Android are optimized (and continuously optimized) for new hardware, yes. Individual Android applications don't need to be because they're running on a VM. Perhaps that's what you're confused by. It sounds like it.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Given how many updates are in the future of the phones from Google, optimization isn't a matter of if, it's a matter of when... keep waiting on PR1.4. I'll have Ice Cream after Honeycomb.

Then it should cost less. Old *** hardware = cheap *** hardware.

Not the case with Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
In us all hw is cheap *** hw. I want your prices

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
In us all hw is cheap *** hw. I want your prices
It's not cheap here. In the USA, we're still using the archaic system of subsidization - something that nobody else in the world does.

Skews our purchases, keeps us tied to a carrier system that makes very little sense to those in it, let alone those on the outside of it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Ok. Computer are very cheap. Thought phones were the same. So the phone is locked to the carrier. That sucks. But still cheap

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Ok. Computer are very cheap. Thought phones were the same. So the phone is locked to the carrier. That sucks. But still cheap
It's cheap only every two years or so. Otherwise, full prices.

Computers cheaper here? Yeah... that's very true. I always held off buying machines until I was back in the US back in the day.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Ah ah ah.... cheap ****. You forget.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ holland
Please post only news about N9
I think most of us don't need to know that andriod is better or iphone...this site cald meamo zo keep it that way,wanna andr or ios check other site,,,
Sorry about that..and thanx for all the news about meego and N9.. I'll buy it,if it has a normal price
Forgive. My bad english

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hayman For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????